Using Cloner Woocommerce Product categories and product listing gone

I have used Cloner to copy main site to First95 but one thing does not get copied in WooCommerce shop. If you look at the screenshots neither Product Categories nor the listing of products to the right are there any more in the clone. What can be up with that?

• Roger Haden
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I have now localized something odd that must have to do with this. If you look in Main site Dashboard under Theme options you find a WooCommerce setting, that setting for WooCommerce is gone under Theme options in the clone First95.

Thank you

• Roger Haden

I have now localized something odd that must have to do with this. If you look in Main site Dashboard under Theme options you find a WooCommerce setting, that setting for WooCommerce is gone under Theme options in the clone First95.

Thank you

• Roger Haden

Thank you

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Roger Haden,

Hope you are doing good today!

Does it clone products and its data ? Also, make sure that Settings is checked from Network Admin -> Settings -> Cloner -> Select content you want to be copied:.

If you still getting issue then please enable support staff access so I could take a closer look and will try to replicate it on my own site with same settings.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Roger Haden

Hello Sajid, and thank you for getting back to me. Access is granted to the site already, everything is checked under Select content. All products are cloned correctly BUT If you look in Main site Dashboard under Theme options you find a WooCommerce setting, that setting for WooCommerce is gone under Theme options in the clone First95. Thank you

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Roger Haden,

Hope you are doing good today!

Thanks for granting support staff access. I could replicate this issue on your site with cloner. It appears to be not copying the content or not triggering setups at the end of clone that is required for either theme or plugin.

Any way, I have a different working solution for you. I created a backup archive of your main site and restored it on another subsite (I created for testing) using our latest backup/restore plugin Snapshot Pro (I installed this plugin on your site).

It copy every thing including styles and settings as it is and restored on an new subsite.

So instead of using Cloner plugin, please use Snapshot Pro and here are the steps to clone the site and restore on another.

First step is creating a backup archive:

1. Go to Network -> Snapshot -> Add New.

2. Select Include common files: Themes, Plugins, Media (wp-content/uploads) option under What Files to Archive.

3. Select Include selected database tables in this Snapshot under What Tables to Archive and make sure all tables are selected (checked).

4. Select Run Immediate Backup under When To Archive -> Backup Interval.

5. Now click on Create Snapshot button and wait for the process to complete (don't close the window tab until its finished).

Create an Empty Subsite (without any template):
    1. Go to Network -> Sites and create new site. Make sure do select none from Template dropdown.

2. Note this newly created sbusite ID or path (we will need it while restoring).

Restore archive:

1. Go to Network -> Snapshot -> All Snapshots and click on Restore button (should appear on hover) of the archive we created in first step of creating archive.

2. You might need to click on restore again in next page.

3. Now you will see the restore screen.

4. Under Restore Blog Options -> Will be restored to, click on change button and enter ID or site path of the site we created in section step of the process. Click lookup, it will select the destination site.

5. Select Restore all blog database tables contained in this archive (excluding global tables users & usermeta) under What Tables to Restore? section.

6. Select Restore all files under What Files to Restore? section.

7. Select Herald theme under Restore Theme Options section.

8. Now click on Restore Snapshot blue button and wait for the process to complete.

9. Done and you will have every thing there :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Roger Haden

Hello Sajid and thank you for the stellar assistance!
    I have followed the steps outlined by you and have succesfully created a new subsite manyriversnetwork.com/rogerhaden and all seems good.
    But I have one question now:
    I wonder, should I follow this procedure for every following subsite that I will create in the future?
    OR
    Should I use what you advised me to do before? "Install New Blog Templates plugin and create a new template by selecting this (rogerhaden) blog. Now set this template as default. This way, each time you create a new subsite, it will automatically copy all content, images, settings and every thing to new site."

Which would you advice?

Thank you

• Roger Haden

And since we are back to scratch so to speak I have decided to update security and some more, you can see that new thread I started since I don't want to change the topic here. But since you now are familiar with my setup maybe you can easily answer my questions there as well. Thank you Sajid!

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/installing-defender-hummingbird-and-smush-on-multisite?replies=1#post-1163617

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Roger Haden,

Hope you are doing good and I am glad to know things are working on your end :slight_smile:

Regarding your question about using the New blog template. I think that suggestion still stands, because the issue is with cloner plugin which were missing some plugin/theme settings.

So instead of using the cloner, we use Snapshot plugin.

But, please test the New Blog Template plugin too. Create a template with all these settings, specifically WooCommerce one and then creating a new site by selecting this template and see if all settings comes through.

Regarding other questions, I can see my colleague Rupok answered your questions in very details (we all are supper heroes).

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello @Roger Haden,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Thanks for creating a new thread. Yes, I can see that my colleague Vaughan could replicate it and also reported it to developer. It should be fixe soon.

But as mentioned there, it should not interfere with the plugin's functionality. You should be good to go.

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.