Using Comments Plus in Directory Pluging

Hi, we have the Directory plugin install as well as comments plus.

The question is when a user is to leave a review in the Directory they have to log into WordPress. Is there a way that the Comments Plus plugin could be used so people can leave a directory review using their social media login?

Or is this a feature request?

Thanks,

xodmedia.com

• xod Media
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks Patrick.

I'm guessing in order to display the login options, you need to have the comments template active?

I just noticed recently the <?php comments_template(); ?> is active in the loop_single.php page, but not showing on the blog posts.

Could this be related to why I'm not seeing the comments plus form for the directory?

• xod Media

Okay, we determined the theme must have the comments portion working before it will display the social media logins. This part is working.now.

This issue now is in your comments.css file, line 31:

ul#all-comment-providers {
    	margin: 0 !important;
    	padding: 0 !important;
    	clear: both !important;
    	list-style-type: none !important;
    }

Your "clear:both" with the "!important" is shifting the login box to the bottom of my page.

Even if I change my style sheet to clear:left, your !important tag is overriding my !important tag.

I can fix this by changing your comments.css file, but as soon as we upgrade the directory plugin, we're going to have to fix your code again. Is there any way around this?

Let me know if you would rather we move this portion to another support thread.

Thanks Patrick.

• xod Media

And looking further, the star review seems to only show when you're logged into WordPress. When don't want any WP people logged in, only social media.

Is there a way to have the star rating work for comments plus? And disable to login link to WP?

Sorry for the mixed bag of questions on here.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @xod Media

Hope you had a good weekend!

As you may have discovered, there is a "Custom Comments Template" addon that you can enable to give you a few more options when you're having difficulty displaying the form in your theme.

As for the login/comment box appearing at the bottom of your page, that's pretty much where it's supposed to be.

As for the plugin CSS overriding your theme with the !important property, you just need to make it more specific in your theme to override the plugin by declaring the parent element in the selector. Try adding the following to your theme's style-sheet.

.body-content ul#all-comment-providers {
    your-css-here;
    }

Is there a way to have the star rating work for comments plus? And disable to login link to WP?

Unfortunately no, not with this plugin. Not without some major rewriting. This plugin was designed to facilitate commenting for your users. Nothing more.

Using the star rating for Directory listings requires login with a WordPress account.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.