Using content copier

Hello,

I'm testing out Multisite and some of the WPMU Dev plugins. I installed Multisite Content Copier as well as New Blog Templates.

I was able to set up a template using New Blog Templates and create a site using the template.

I then tried to changed the content on a page of the template site. I tried to use Content Copier to copy the page (with the changes) to the new site, but the new content doesn't copy over.

Am I doing something wrong?

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Kevin , I trust you are doing well!

I tested the plugin on my site and can't replicate the same. Please let me know what type of content you wish to copy to a new site? Do you see any errors when the plugin fails to copy the content?

Can you replicate the same when all the other plugins are deactivated? Deactivate all other plugins and test if the plugin is working. If everything is well, activate one plugin at a time to find the one that causes this.

Would you please grant access from WPMU DEV > Support so I can have a closer look? Also please let me know from what subsite you wish to copy content.

Please see the detailed instructions on the link below:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Let me know how it goes!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Kevin
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello Nastia,

Thanks for your help!

I have a site in the network called Template 1. In that site is a page called "Test Page." On that page are 2 text sentences.

I tried to clone the "Test Page" from Template 1 to a site called "Site 2." Site 2 is also associated with a group. I tried copying to the group, and also to Site 2 directly.

Right now, this is just I site I'm using to test things out. So, the only plugins I have activated on the network are from WPMU Dev (Multisite Content Copier, Pro Sites, New Blog Template, WPMU DEV dashboard).

I'll go ahead and grant support access. Thanks again!

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Kevin

I copied a "Test Page" from Template 1 to Site 2 and it is coppied suscesfully.

I also see that on Site 2 you already have several copies of the "Test Page". Please note, the plugin will copy a page to a new site, but if there is already the same page exist, the content will not be replaced and a new page will be created. On the last copied page, I can see the changed content.

To make it clearer I've created a new page, copied to the Site 2, then changed the content and copied it again. You will find two different pages on Site 2, with different content.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Kevin
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Nastia,

Thanks for your help.

So if I understand, if there is already a page with the same title it won't replace the content.

We have a network of affiliates, and I was looking for a way to provide them with a website with certain pages that we maintained for them (for say, periodic promotions that they all will run). It would be great to be able to publish a page (or pages) that would appear on all the network sites, and then be able to update the template and copy the new content to those pages. Otherwise we would need to do it manually for each site (which is a lot of work) or try to get the site owners to do it (which they might not do).

Is there another way to achieve this? Perhaps using Cloner?

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Kevin,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Yes, that is correct. It will not update/merge the content on destination sites if same page already exists with same slug.

Using cloner you can override the content but I am afraid, you can not do it with single post or pages. It will copy all pages and replace with your existing site.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.