Yup, it's me again! So, I created a couple of custom post types, and in the function, I added the taxonomies arg and put 'category' in. The custom post type is added to Wordpress perfectly and I wrote a custom function that loops through the posts and spits them out into a custom archive page. I created a new category to associate to my new post type. Then, I went into the access levels for Membership, and I added Categories into the negative section for the access level.
When I checked the site to see if the access level could see the category, is still showed on the site.
I must have missed something. Please let me know if you have any questions that can assist you in resolving this issue.