Using Defender & Hummingbird...

I have a wp/bp multi-network consisting of, at present, six (6) sub-networks each configured to provide multi-sites. On each network I have the Hummingbird and Defender plugins network enabled.
1. When activated on the main network I notice that if I attempt to use Defender --> Hardener to disable trackbacks and ping backs nothing happens. It goes through the motions, says they're disabled, but returns with the same warning asking to disable.

2. Not sure if this has been tested on a multi-network but I notice that after enabling the option to Prevent information disclosure on the main network, I see the same warning options in each of the sub-networks. Since this modifies the .htaccess file is it necessary to enable the same option on each network? Are multiple entries written to the .htaccess file and could there be an issue with enabling it on each sub-network? I ask because the Prevent PHP execution option appears as resolved on the sub-networks after it was enabled on the main network.

3. There's an option to regenerate security keys. I don't know what this refers to, is there a reference? Same as above is it specific to each site requiring the option to be enabled on each site?

I have a similar network setup and for reasons unknown to me I no longer have access to the /wp-admin/network section using any of my super admin accounts. I haven't been able to resolve this issue so what I'm seeking now are methods to help prevent this from happening on other projects. To start are there any additional options I should be enabling in either of these plugins that can help to keep this from happening?
Remote access can be provided if needed?

Any responses appreciated.

• Sajid

Hi @nusolutions,
    Hope you are doing good today

On multi-network this, disabling the pingbacks and trackbacks should be done per site basis. However, the second and third option should be done only once. Because all networks share the same files.

Regarding the security, these are salt keys that needs to be updated and should be added in wp-config.php file.

Its working just fine on WordPress MultiSite. I am not sure whether it is be compatible with Multi-Network or not. For this purpose, I am flagging the developer of this plugin for his invaluable feedback on this matter. He will post a reply here as soon as possible, depending on its time schedule.

You can grant support staff access in case the developer need to take a look.

Take care and have a nice day
    Cheers, Sajid