Using Discount Coupons in Appointment+

Hi

I have installed Appointment+ and MarketPress as I was advised I needed this to use discount coupons.

I use Discount Coupons for Marketing Campaigns and some clients get specific discount based on their corporate deals.

A few questions:
1. I cannot see anywhere the option of setting Coupons and Linking it to a Particular service in Appointment +
2. MarketPress has it's own PayPal payment gateway. I do not want to use this as I have already set up the payment via PayPal in Appointment+ (much simpler and fine for what we need).
3. My products are not physical as we provide training, so there is no shipment charges, returns procedures, etc. I just need to be able to issue Discount Coupons or Codes and nothing else from MarketPress.

Thanks for your help.

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hi Katherine

Welcome to the community !

1) While its not possible to apply coupons to specific services, you can use a coupon for all services as you can see from my screenshot

2) This wont be possible, you can use only one or the other.

3) This can be done by simply turning off the shipping module and hiding the page for returns etc.

Cheers
    Jude

• Katherine
    • New Recruit

Hi Jude

Thanks for the quick reply.

All makes sense except the payment gateway. Does it mean if I use MarketPress in order to deploy Coupons/Discounts, then I have to use the MarketPress Gateway? The problem is the PayPal account is not a Business Account and according to your guide, I am unable to get the credentials MarketPress needs from PayPal if the PayPal account is Personal Account (I may have misunderstood this point).

Thanks

Katherine

• Katherine
    • New Recruit

Hi Jude

This is only available to Business Accounts. The PayPal account being used is not Busines Account (Please see my original text) as I have already explained this.

So again, if I use MarketPress does this mean I can no longer use the Appointment+ Payment Gateway?

If that is the case, we are in a Catch 22 with your product. We cannot use Coupons/Discount Codes without MarketPress and we cannot use PayPal if we use MarketPress. This was not made clear anywhere in your product description or during our discussions in Presales.

I need a product that can provide me with Online appointment booking system, use PayPal for Payment (not business account only but Personal Account) and allow the use of Coupons or Discount Codes. Can the product do this?

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hey @Katherine

You have summarized the issue here, the products cannot do this unless you upgrade the PayPal account.

Im sorry if the pre sales conversations were not clear on the topic. Im sure we can work something out with maybe a small extension or a refund if upgrading PayPal is not an option.

Jude

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.