Using e-Newsletter with Membership as autoresponder

I got a membership with you guys because it looked like your plugins would be able to facilitate exactly what I was needing to accomplish with my site. I needed a way to allow people to pay a subscription fee to get funny tarot readings emailed to them daily.

My idea was to set up an autoresponder, something that could be set up to send a new email every day from the time they signed up. Then I wanted to automate the process of subscribing/payment so all I need to do is create each email.

I was trying to do this with e-Newsletter and membership plugins, but it seems like this is not possible. Am I missing something? The Automessage plugin only allows you to do messages up to 31 days out.
-Dan

• Mrinal

Hey @Dan,

Thanks for your post on our forum.

I don't think you don't need Auto Message plugin for daily Newsletters. Auto Message plugin sends email to a user after registration but your case you want to send email to user on daily basis.

You can do it with only e-Newsletter plugin, it allows you to create unlimited letters/contents each day & write after finishing your writing, you can send the email newsletter to all of your registered user at once.

Hope above info clears the question of you, Cheers!

• Tyler Postle

Hi Dan,

Thanks for choosing WPMU Dev! Let's see what we can do here :slight_smile:

You could use the different membership access levels to protect pages with the respective enewsletter group they are wanting to subscribe too. Or just one access level if there is only one list.

That way, they pay for their membership and then get access to the optin page where they can join the list. Only paying members will see the form to optin.

You will have to manually take them off the list if they decide to cancel their membership.

You can pre-write several emails then just simply click "send" on the day you want to send it out. Are you expecting a lot of subscribers? If that is the case then you may want to look into Mailchimp, if you haven't already. We have an integration plugin for mailchimp as well: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/mailchimp-newsletter-integration/

You can still use membership to protect the optin pages for mailchimp as well.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any further questions about this.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Dan

Yeah, I am expecting a lot of subscribers, but the free version of Mailchimp doesn't have autoresponder. The reason I need an autoresponder is because people would be expecting an email every day, and what if something happened that I couldn't get online one day? I was hoping to simply preload a bunch of emails and set it up so each one occurs a different day after they signed up.

EDIT: I think I am going to try the Mailchimp option, however. Since I'm going to do paid subscription for the emails, the cost of the Mailchimp membership will be taken care of. I appreciate your help on this. :slight_smile:

• Tyler Postle

EDIT: I think I am going to try the Mailchimp option, however. Since I'm going to do paid subscription for the emails, the cost of the Mailchimp membership will be taken care of. I appreciate your help on this. :slight_smile:

I think you made the right call! Especially if you are expecting a lot of subscribers. You wouldn't want to be sending a lot of emails off your own hosting anyway, could slow down your site a lot. Let Mailchimp worry about sending the emails and you can just sit back and count the monies :slight_smile:

Wish you the best! Be sure to post back if you run into any further issues.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.