Using eNewsletter for customers (that are not users)

I need to send an automatic welcome email to my customers when they buy my book so they can subscribe to my newsletter. Trouble is my plugin I am using does not put the customers into the WP users area... so how do I get it to detect this? I have enabled support in case it would be helpful to take a peek.

Thanks!

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Meredith,

Subscribers does not have to be users on your site to be subscribed for your newsletter. They can only subscribe (be email on the list of subscribers) and not create account to get newsletters. See usage page https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-newsletter/#product-usage under Getting Users to Subscribe.
    Of course if they are users on site they are automatically on the eNewsletter list. If your plugin has option to export your customer emails to csv file (check in reports - I can see there is Export Customers in CSV) then you can import those to eNewsletter.
    Other than that I don't see a way to integrate both plugins without lots of customization.

Or maybe you can create page where users can subscribe and then send them those link in Purchase Receipt?

kind regards,
    Kasia