Using Event Calendar to run onsite/offsite course training

Hi,
We are creating a training course that is event drive and I want to know if it is possible to use event calendar to create event training that give information about;
a. No. of days/duration the course will last, date and time
b. register/booking form for each event
c. Course fee, contact and location
d. Ability to add to calendar and share course event
e. ability to create category
example of site: http://www.tomassociatesng.com/

Regards

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Barni,

a. No. of days/duration the course will last, date and time

No, Events+ shows only date "from to" (like that: On 18 September 2015 from 00:00 to 20 September 2015 00:00).

b. register/booking form for each event

Yes, events can be for registered/logged in users - so they need to be login in order to RSVP.

c. Course fee, contact and location

Yes, events can be paid and also have intehration with Google maps (if you don't need map, you have Event location field).

d. Ability to add to calendar and share course event

Yes, events have own calendar - you can display it using shortcode

[eab_calendar]

What kind of share you have in mind? There are now buttons for sharing in social media, but any of sharing plugins that works with Custome post types should work with events.

e. ability to create category

Yes, events also have the categories build in. Also, there is add-on for adding colors for categories in the calendar.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Barni

Hi @Kasia Swiderska,
    Trust you are good. Thanks for the info...may I ask if adding duration (e.g 2days, 3days) can be integrated to the meta info like that of date shown in your shot? This will help us to create more trainning (onsite) sites for management consulting using WordPress. Here is what I have presently at http://www.kaisteventures.com/itmc using All in One Event Calendar but I'm afraid lacks event duration, and booking form for each event. Though I found some similar plugins on TF but all the event plugins seems to have recurrent event without minding to place event duration! Not all event last the same day especially training events.
    Hope to hear favorable out come. Thanks once again.

Regards

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Barni,

may I ask if adding duration (e.g 2days, 3days) can be integrated to the meta info like that of date shown in your shot?

Yes, it would require custom coding because you need to take those two dates, and the count the difference between then and then display it.

But I will move this thread to the Features&Feedback, maybe more members will ask for showing duration and it will be added to the plugin.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.