Using mailchimp integration to connect by membership subscription level

We have both the mailchimp integration and member plug-ins. We were trying to figure out if you can determine specific subscriber levels (from membership plug-in) to be added to specific lists in Mailchimp (using plugin)? Or does this plugin just allow all users to be added to one list?

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Membership has a feature called Pings. You can setup specific pings to go to specific mailing lists through the MailChimp API. Every Membership subscription can have it’s own ping when a member joins that sub and another ping for when they leave.

So you can add them to a mailing list and remove them when they signup and expire.

Our MailChimp Integration plugin isn’t needed.

If you check out the manual for Membership located on the usage tab from the projects page there is documentation and a working example of how to add members for a specific subscription to a MailChimp list.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/#usage

Take care.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it’s been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I’d check in to see how you’re going?

If you’re still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Thanks.

Ari.

• Ananda
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi there, thought I’d bump this now that we have Membership Pro 2.

I’m looking for pings in MP2 but can’t seem to find it.

Am using the MPNU mailchimp integration plugin as well.

Got the API working well enough.

Ideally I’d like each membership tier to be added to separate mailchimp list

But all being automatically added to a single list would be good too.

Any ideas?

K

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Amanda,

We actually have an add-on built right into Membership 2 to do this. Via:

Membership 2 > Add-ons.

Activate "Mailchimp Integration".

You will see some new Mailchimp options in your Membership 2 > Settings – as seen in my screenshot.

It doesn't support a list for each membership yet, but you can add all members to one list and also add regular users(without a membership) to a different list. Same with expired users.

Would that work for you?

If you have any further questions it would be best to create a new ticket: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question – you can always reference this one in your new one if needed.

Cheers,

Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.