using manage to upload wpmu plugins

Hi so I just started using managewp to upload all my plugins and themes in bulk to new install. I've always installed wpmu plugins from your own dashboard but I want to know if I'll run into any problems if I upload the plugin zips to dropbox and then install on the the website via the manage wp dashboard. Of courseI would also be installing your dashboard to get updates, but this way I could install multiple plugins of yours at once. would that work?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jonathan,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I must admit I never tried that yet but as for plugins that do not require any access to our API that should work well. As for plugins that need API access - such as WP Smush Pro or Hummingbird - an active WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin (active and logged in into account) would be necessary as otherwise this may possibly create issues with proper plugin activation.

Our plugins do however hook to WP core install/update system so unless ManageWP is performing that install in some very unusual way that should work I think.

If you come across any issues, just let us know please and we'll investigate it.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.