using market press as a product catalogue

Hi,

Is there a way to

1. pay online, collect in store (there does not appear to be a shipping option of ‘collect only’:wink:

2. reserve (not pay) and collect in store (it seems you have to pay if there is a price)

I have worked out how to be a catalogue only, which is the most basic version of the above

Thanks

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings ROIBOT,

Thank you for these great questions and significant items to bring up.

1. pay online, collect in store (there does not appear to be a shipping option of ‘collect only’:wink:

I would embed a PayPal button at the end of the description I think to get them to pay online and I do not understand why there would be a shipping charge if it is collect in store?

Please clarify. I think I may be missing something here.

2. reserve (not pay) and collect in store (it seems you have to pay if there is a price)

This certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin. Unfortunately, it is not currently available but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

It might take a bit longer than useful if/when it is adopted for development.

Alternatively, you could see if there’s a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute, but we’re aiming to get you sorted ourselves.

On a side note, it appears your installation is behind one major update. Please consider updating to the latest version 2.7 at your earliest convenience.

Please advise concerning question 1 above.

Cheers, Joe

• Fullworks
    • The Bug Hunter

Thanks Joe, regarding point 1, it was staring me in the face, but when I saw the cahnge log for 2.7 it became clear.

Select Shipping Method -> pull down has ‘no shipping’

and the change

‘- Don’t require shipping fields when Shipping Modules are turned off’

I think will have me sorted. Subject to testing, but it is looking good.

Regarding point 2. (some times knows as HOPS Hold Online Pay in Store) I will look at, being a developer myself, just I don’t like to code things if other people are (does that make me a lazy developer, or effecient?)

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

@roibot

Regarding your point #2: could you not simply use the “Manual payments” gateway for this, and include instructions on the order pages and in the client email that their order must be collected in-store?

Any orders made this way will affect the inventory you have set for each product, and will appear under the Received section on your “Manage Orders” page.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Alan,

Thank you for your additional input there, it is great.

How about smartly efficient?

I will indeed go ahead and move this ticket to the feature requests area and notify the lead developer of the request and thank you again for your input as always.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.