Using MarketPress with a custom WP theme

Having trouble using MarketPress with a custom theme I've built. Basically nothing shows up on my default ../store page.

I have read through the Themeing_MarketPress.txt, but still am a bit unclear of how to upload a custom store page. Is anyone able to provide a clear example?

For example, if I upload a custom page template named 'mp_store.php' - I can't seem to get it display (I've tried uploading to both current my WP theme directory and the MarketPress theme directory).

Thanks!

• aecnu

Greetings BlueAirplane,

I have read through the Themeing_MarketPress.txt, but still am a bit unclear of how to upload a custom store page. Is anyone able to provide a clear example?

Not that I am aware of but I do have some ideas that may help you resolve the problem of incorporating the store into your theme.

For example, if I upload a custom page template named 'mp_store.php' - I can't seem to get it display (I've tried uploading to both current my WP theme directory and the MarketPress theme directory).

It is not just going to magically appear but you will need to call it into a page using an includes or directly linking to it through a menu selection.

However, personally I have dealt differently with custom themes by uploading Frame Market/Grid Market theme (not activating either) and taking code from Grid Market and placing it into my custom theme on the page I prefer.

Though this was a pain to some degree compared to using shortcodes which is easier and now a days easier yet is Chris's plugin for Market Press:
    http://allaboutchris.org/marketpress-product-grid-shortcode-plugin/

Please let me know on these possible solutions and which one you prefer.

Cheers, Joe

• BlueAirplane

Thanks for your suggestions Joe,

I have tried using the short codes on pages, as well as Chris's plugin & short codes, although for whatever reasons the short codes don't seem to display anything on my page.

I also found and followed this thread with a similar issue.

I tried using short codes on new pages, de- and re-activating marketpress, and de-activating all other plugins one-by-one with no luck.

HOWEVER one thing I've noted is when I hard code the shortcodes into a page, it will display and work accordingly (ex. <?php echo do_shortcode('[mp_list_products]') ; ?>:wink:

In a worse-case scenario, at least I know I can hard code up the page(s) I need to, however I'm curious as to what might be causing this conflict for future reference.

• aecnu

Greetings BlueAirplane,

This is certainly an interesting issue indeed, but I do not believe the previous ticket you mentioned would be applicable now since it is over a year old and Market press has taken many dramatic updates since that time.

On my servers I have never experienced an issue such as this and it could be caused from a totally unexpected place i.e. plugin or theme conflict.

Did you try it with the Twenty Eleven theme?

Have you checked to see if there is a plugin conflict?

What kind of hosting do you have?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• BlueAirplane

Another important thing to note:

My store links and pagination don't work either. It seems as though WP isn't registering where my MP files are...

Example: I hard-coded in <?php echo do_shortcode("[mp_store_navigation]") ; ?> and the links appear - however all of them load blank default template pages.

So if I go to my "Shopping Cart" link, it just loads up a bank default page with no cart info.

• aecnu

Greetings BlueAirplane,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.