using Membership2 for access to Listings

I have been playing around with different install options and have started over with a clean WP install. I thought I was able to create a membership level that was accessible in Listings at one point but can't seem to figure it out now.

I create a paid membership level - suppliers. I'd like them to ONLY be able to create and view their own listing in the directory. Preferably even have a Supplier 1 and Supplier 2 with more advanced listing options for Supplier 2.

Is ANY of this possible? IE - linking membership level that syncs with Listings access? and/or 2 level listing?

Also, can I link membership levels to Listings for viewing? So only certain membership levels can view listings?

Thanks! I'm sure it's something obvious but I just can't figure it out.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey @Christyjoy,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your qestion!

I think the best way would be to first setup custom roles for Directory plugin (Listings access) here:

"Listings" -> "Settings" -> "General" page (here you can create custom roles)

and here

"Listings" -> "Settings" -> "Capabilities" page (here you can assign capabilities to these roles).

Next step would be to use this page:

"Membership2" -> "Protected Content" -> "Custom Post Types"

to set protection (access rules) for listing pages, giving access to each membership that's planned to deal with Listings.

Finally, go to "Users" -> "All users" page and assign your custom roles to users.

I hope that helps and if you have any further questions, I'll be glad to assist!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Christyjoy!

Is there a way to get the users that I've set up in Listings to show up in Membership2?

As to my knowledge, there's no easy way to automate this. I think there would be some custom coding jobs necessary.

And if that's possible, could payments then be handled through Membership2?

You can setup Listings as free and use another additional membership to grab payments.

Could I set up Listings to be free but limit the ability to create a listing to only certain membership levels (which are paid memberships)?

I think this is the best way to handle payments for listings via Membership2. For better control over access to Listing pages and capabilities you may want to enable this three Membership2 add-ons:

- Admin Side Protection: lets you hide some parts of backend from member's view; for example you can hide "Add listing" menu item and page for selected memberships

- Advanced menu protection: very similar to above but for menu items on front end

- Individual Custom Posts: as every listing is actually a WordPress post of custom type, this will let you further limit access to it

- Member Capabilities: in this case won't be that useful but can let you add "finishing touches" (you can protect "directory_listing" post type capabilities with this)

Add-ons are located here:

"Membership2" -> "Add-ons"

Once enabled all the controls are available here:

"Membership2" -> "Protected Content"

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.