Using mu-plugins and default blog versions

Hi there!

We are trying to create a platform for Online Stores, using WP MU + Pro Sites + WooCommerce.

At this point, we were trying to use Adminimize + Admin Menu Editor in order to fully customize the Menu for Store Managers. We were planning to use the /mu-plugins/ folders, but apparently these plugins are not compatible with mu-plugins system.

The idea was to create a default store, this way new users would have this default installation automatically installed. We were also pretending to use this "default installation" for the default settings of WooCommerce (instead of doing the whole startup wizard).

Also, from what we've read, these plugins in mu-plugins folder would also be hidden and couldn't be removed.

Our question is: How can we do something similar to this? Is there any plugin we can use in order to auto-install a default store all configured by us previously?

Looking forward to hear from you guys :slight_smile:

• Rupok

Hi Urbano

Hope you had a wonderful day.

At this point, we were trying to use Adminimize + Admin Menu Editor in order to fully customize the Menu for Store Managers.

Well, I can suggest you an workaround. For doing this, you need to install "New Blog Template" plugin from us.
    With new blog template, you can theoretically create a copy of any of your existing subsites. I just tested in my environment, enabled woocommerce for a subsite, added some products, hide some menus for that subsite. Then I created a template of that subsite. Then when adding a new site, I selected that template I just created. All my plugins with settings were cloned in the new site. Even menus were hidden too for the new site. All woocommerce settings with products were copied. And if you user "MarketPress" from us, then we can assure better compatibility.

The idea was to create a default store, this way new users would have this default installation automatically installed

I believe, the above workaround will automatically serve this purpose.

Is there any plugin we can use in order to auto-install a default store all configured by us previously?

Yes. Again, the workaround above will serve this purpose too. New Blog Template plugin gives you option to select a template while creating a new site. You can setup a subsite as you want, then create a template, then make that default for all new subsites. You can find usage guide for "New Blog Templates" at here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/#product-usage

Please let us know if you have any confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Urbano

Hi there Rupok, thank you so much for the detailed information.

I'm going to test New Blog Templates plugin as suggested.

One other question: If someone wants to change the theme on their sub-site, how can we load that theme with all the tweaks we made for new installs? Can we somehow use Blog Templates as base Themes?

And if you use "MarketPress" from us, then we can assure better compatibility.
    About MarketPress, we'd love to use it, but unfortunately there are a lot of plugins missing. In Portugal people use Multibanco as a payment gateway, and from what we've seen, there's no support for that in Market Press. :slight_frown:

Once again, thanks for the super support!

• Rupok

Hi Urbano

Hope you had a wonderful day.

If someone wants to change the theme on their sub-site, how can we load that theme with all the tweaks we made for new installs

I'm not sure if I quite understand your request. Because, in Multisite, you have your themes installed from Network Dashboard and if you edit a theme file, that change applies for all sub-sites who are using that theme. So when you create a template with that tweaked theme, all new subsites will be using that theme tweaked from Network Dashboard.

If you want to override theme settings in any specific sub-site, you can create a child theme and use that only in that specific sub-site. Please let me know if I'm missing something.

Can we somehow use Blog Templates as base Themes?

Can you please describe a little more? I can help you as soon as I'm clear about your target.

I just checked and didn't find any new thread with these questions from you. So I'm replying here. I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.