Using Multi Short Code for Content Protection

Hypothetically, say I have 4 membership levels and I want to block access to 1 and 2 but give it to 3 and 4 on the same post, it does not seem I can do this by just using two short codes.
I was thinking I could use the option to hide the content behind the "more tag" and just grant access to that content to the higher levels, but for some reason that tag does not seem to be working.

• PC

Hey there Craig,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

Shortcodes will not work very well in this case as you will have to add the post content multiple times for different shortcodes.

You can either use More tag or you can use Access level rules by allowing access to the post for a certain level and disabling access for other levels.

Documentation Page 44 Of 72 of the below manual explains about rules in Membership plugin :

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Membership-Manual3450.pdf

Can you kindly try that out and let me know if that works fine ?

Also, please update Membership plugin to the latest version as you are still running an older version.

Please advise how it goes.

Cheers, PC

• Craig

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I would ideally like to just do one post and for that to cover everything. The service is providing analysis on the forex markets for subscribers.

I like having it open to strangers since I can have some analysis and just block the more detailed stuff and this will act as advertising for people to join/upgrade.

So that means the levels would not really suit that.

With the more tag, can I section off a bit and have more content under it?

For example, in these posts, there is an overview, public, there is a lower level subscription analysis with details as to what to actually do and then for the 3rd membership level up I want them to have access to full video analysis.

This is repeated several times.

Is it possible to section off the videos in the more tag and close the more tag so I can then continue with the next trading asset underneath it as public, use short codes to block access to free members for the "Full analysis and trade plan" and then again repeat the more tag protection to give only access to the 3rd+ memberships levels ?

Link for example - http://www.5starsignals.com/euro-pairs-pre-week-analysis/

• Ash

Hi there

You can write a single post to show differently to four or more levels.

If you have four levels - Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, Level 4 and then you can use like this:

[level-level-1]Content for level 1[/level-level-1]
    [level-level-2]Content for level 2[/level-level-2]
    [level-level-3]Content for level 3[/level-level-3]
    [level-level-4]Content for level 4[/level-level-4]

If I misunderstood, please suggest.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.