Using Multisite Theme Manager to restrict access to themes

This posting relates to Multisite Theme Manager, but I can't install it via my WPMU Dev dashboard at present, so I'm posting under New Blog Templates. Can Multisite Theme Manager restrict access to specific themes? We don't need to use Pro Sites to create a paid option, but we need to use certain themes only for certain archived sites and we don't want our users to consider activating them. I've read the Theme Manager documentation, but don't see exactly how to use it to hide certain themes from users.

Thanks for your input.

Jim P.

• Patrick

Hi there @Jim

I hope you're having a great day!

If what you are wanting to do is keep a few themes for exclusive use by the network administrator, then you don't need any plugin at all. That is built-into WordPress.

Simply do not network-enable those themes. They will only be available in the network admin.

You can then activate any of those "hidden" themes on a subsite by going to Sites > All Sites. Hover your mouse over the site you want and click the Edit link. Then, under the Themes tab, select the theme you want to activate on that site.

I hope this helps answer your question. If you need more information, please don't hesitate to hit reply.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.