Using New Blog Template to create subsite that results in Error 404: page not found

I used Cloner to clone main site manyriversnetwork.com into manyriversnetwork.com/First95. First95 has then been used to create a Template for making sub-sites using New Blog Templates. When I created this template I added all options under "2. The What To Copy To New Blog? area is where you check off exactly what you want to include in all new blogs based on this template.. " was this correct to do?

I have then using this template created the subsite manyriversnetwork.com/mariljungqvist from network admin/sites/add new. The subsite has been created and is available through dashboard but when trying to access it from a browser it gives 404 error: page not found as seen in screenshot attached. When I press Home in menu on that error page it takes me to the main site, manyriversnetworks corresponding page. I hope this is not to confusing to follow and since I am a novice at this I wait to hear advice from you before I try modifying anything. Thank you

• Rupok

Hi Roger Haden,

When I created this template I added all options under "2. The What To Copy To New Blog?... was this correct to do?

Yes, obviously you can select all options. If you were not supposed to check any of those, then that option would not be showing there I believe.

When I press Home in menu on that error page it takes me to the main site, manyriversnetworks corresponding page. I hope this is not to confusing to follow

I think it was not confusing. I just tested this on my test site. At first, I created a cloned subsite from my network main site with cloner (suppose "subsite x":wink:. Now created a Blog Template using that subsite x. Then I created a new subsite (suppose "subsite x2":wink: using the Blog Template I just created with subsite x. Then I went to subsite x2 Dashboard, it loaded fine. I tried to access that subsite x2 from my browser, that site front-end was loaded just fine, without any issue.

Then I went to regenerate the issue on your site. But surprisingly, I could not regenerate this on your site too. Please check in your network, I've just created a test subsite using the First95 template and that site is loading just fine in my browser. Both dashboard and front-end is loading fine. Can you please check that and confirm? Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

Am I missing something? Please let us know. We will be glad to investigate further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.