Using other WP themes with wpmu dev

1. Can I use a theme from another developer and integrate it with WPMU DEV plugins and online help?

2. Can I start a WP site with an index.html page (in the WP site or outside the WP site?) with an image for the background? Links would be clickable maps. All navigation & links would direct the user to the wp site. What's the best way to handle this kind of thing?

3. A site that I need up this week will be hosted at godaddy. Are there any issues with their linux WP hosting?

FYI, I just signed up with you guys last month. I'm pretty new to WP and I've been building sites since 1998, using Dreamweaver or php files.

I have reseller web hosting for my clients. I will be putting most of my WP sites on my reseller linux hosting accounts. I generally make a sub-domain to use as a dev site.

thanks,
Steve

• aecnu

Greetings Steve,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thank you for the questions:

1. Can I use a theme from another developer and integrate it with WPMU DEV plugins and online help?

Well I do not know why not - especially if they followed the theme development guidelines that WordPress has given.

2. Can I start a WP site with an index.html page (in the WP site or outside the WP site?) with an image for the background? Links would be clickable maps. All navigation & links would direct the user to the wp site. What's the best way to handle this kind of thing?

The HTML page would indeed be the dominating page on the site meaning the php file will not run but of course if you linked to the index.php ...

What's the best way to handle this kind of thing?

What kind of thing? You never mentioned the end game.

3. A site that I need up this week will be hosted at godaddy. Are there any issues with their linux WP hosting?

Go Daddy hosting is the absolute worst choice for hosting WordPress MultiSites starting with their remote database servers and MultiSite sub sites seem to have issues with the ... well sub sites.

It would be in your interest to see if it will even support the creation of sub sites before getting too far into development and needing to deal with that.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers, Joe

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there!

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this thread as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and, as always, for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.