Using Pro Sites Plugin, Can 1 User have Multiple Blogs?

I really did search for this first, but I can't find out if 1 user who signs up using my Pro Sites Plugin can end up creating multiple blogs and still only pay that 1 fee. That is what I want them to be able to do.

If you say I need to use the Membership Plugin, then I'm a little confused how those two plugins would work together.

• aecnu

Greetings mtrimble,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

I really did search for this first, but I can't find out if 1 user who signs up using my Pro Sites Plugin can end up creating multiple blogs and still only pay that 1 fee. That is what I want them to be able to do.

Absolutely possible and just define it in your settings so they indeed do so though if not using the free blog/advertising supported platform it may indeed be necessary to use the Membership plugin in concert with Pro Sites plugin to capture the fee when they join the membership and then allow them to run willy nilly creating blogs/sites.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• mtrimble

Joe, thanks for replying.

To recap, you're saying if I choose a Pro Sites plugin setting other than free blogging/advertising, so for example, I have 5 levels of recurring monthly payments, then I would have to use the WPMU Membership Plugin in concert with the Pro Sites plugin?

I don't see any documentation about how those two plugins work together - do you know of anything explaining that?

I'm confused because if they pay using the Membership Plugin, how do they NOT pay using the Pro Sites Plugin? I'm sure it's a matter of permissions or something, but I just don't quite understand how to set those two should be setup to work together.

• Kimberly

Membership and ProSites have two totally different functionalities. Membership controlls access to existing site content and allows you to charge for that access.

ProSites allows you to give members subsites and controlls access to the tools they can use to build those subsites. i.e. plugins and themes.

What Joe was explaining is, in summary:

Yes you can control the amount of sites a user can create via prosites.

However, if you decide to use the built in Free Site option of ProSites then you can perhaps make users pay for a membership to be able to access the link to create their site.

Best,

Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.