Using SMTP?

One of the support replies in another topic asked if the member was using SMTP to send emails. How is that generally setup with the Subscribe by Email plugin?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

• chris207

Hello Kimberly, thanks for the warm welcome.

My concerns are that I send my regular correspondence emails through the same server and I'm concerned with clients adding a list of 500 people that, while surely related to their service, have unlikely opted-in to receive any email subscriptions. I do not want to cause irreparable damage to my domain's email deliverability.

I'm also concerned with queuing as we publish a few newsletter articles for each client each month which would need to trigger the subscription emails (currently this is done through Feedburner) simultaneously.

Thanks again for any assistance! :slight_smile:

• Sue

Hi Chris

We use this plugin on all our Edublogs Campus networks ( ). It was originally developed for Campus and then released as a plugin on WPMU DEV.

The Subscribe by Email plugin uses wp_mail so it is controlled by however your WordPress is configured to handle wp_mail. It has been designed to send the emails in batches every two minutes. This was needed for those with the larger email subscriptions (e.g those with 500 subscribers). Those with smaller email subscriptions lists are sent in one batch.

You might also want to check out our MailChimp integration plugin ( ) for newsletters. It allows us to create customized newsletters using MailChimp while automatically updating our large mailing list with new users.

Hope this information has helped and please let us know if you need further assistance!

Sue Waters
    Edublogs Support Manager