Using Smush Pro with NextGen Gallery images.

Hi! I've purchased and downloaded Smush Pro because I have many images already on my WP site that are far too large. I use NextGen to organize and create my galleries per post. In setting, Smush only shows the 169 images that are within WPs Media Library. How do I get to the 3,500 images on my site? And will they remain organized within each post once I've smushed them? For example, within each post there are multiple "sets" of images and the slug seems critical for displaying them correctly. I need to be sure that doesn't get stripped.
Thanks!! Sheila

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Sheila,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I'm not sure about this but isn't it that NextGEN gallery is keeping images outside the standard WordPress Media Library? Would you please check and let me know where are they stored in case of your install?

As for slugs and URL etc. Our Smush Pro plugin doesn't change them so this shouldn't be a problem at all. It also doesn't alter file names here so everything should be fine.

Looking forward for your answer!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Sheila Martin

Thanks Adam,
    Yes, that's correct. Next Gen Gallery is stored separately from the WP Media Library and both show up when I'm selecting images.
    In Next Gen settings the selection for where to store images is: wp-content/gallery/
    This is an area I can input text if I know the correct text, but there's not a drop-down to select Media Library.

If my Smush can access the wp-content/gallery/ that's perfect, otherwise I'm wondering if I can tell NG to store in Media Library, then do the Smush, then change the setting back to wp-content/gallery/ ??

Your thoughts?
    Thanks! Sheila

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Sheila,

Thanks for this information!

I don't thing changing NG library location back and forth would help as it most likely will not move already existing images at once. On the other hand, there's no setting for WP Smush Pro to change and/or add "smushing locations". Let me then consult this with plugin developers.

I've asked the question already and hopefully they'll be able to come up with a solution as soon as possible. Please keep an eye on this thread for further information and updates.

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.