Using Snapshot Pro to revert to a saved snapshot

Is it possible to use Snapshot Pro to revert to a previously saved version of my multisite installation? I notice when I restore from the previous snapshot it does not delete file, folder or database tables created after I made the snapshot. My goal was to be able to use Snapshot Pro in my development environment to be able to roll-back to a previous state after testing a plugin or theme.

To do this, would it be reasonable to delete specific folders and drop specific database tables to "force" the Snapshot Pro restore to recreate my installation from scratch - ensuring that none of the new data from testing remained in the file system or database?'

Thanks for your assistance.!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Randy,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

This would be possible but only if you setup your snapshots to include all tables and files. Then the procedure would be either to - as you already mentioned - remove files and drop tables and restore from snapshots or just setup a fresh Multisite and then upload snapshot archives and restore.

In case you'd like to try that though please make 100% sure that the snapshots taken included all files and tables. Otherwise restoring on a fresh install may not result in a complete site.

If snapshots are "complete" this should work well though.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Milan

Hello Randy

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking this. :slight_smile:

Actually there isn't any such tables which if you delete can break Snapshot Pro's workflow. As its quite stand alone plugin. All you need to keep in mind that, whenever you want to restore snapshot, you should have Snapshot Pro install and running on your fresh site. So now question becomes

What are the tables which I should not delete to mess up fresh installation ?

Basically when you freshly install WordPress, it crates certain tables which needs not to be deleted to function WordPress system fully .

Does this make sense Randy ? :slight_smile:
    Cheers,
    Milan