Using Snapshot to migrate

I am using Digital Ocean and am finding that I can get away with a smaller droplet.
I am not a fan of migrating period but will Snapshot help me with this?

I do use EasyEngine (nginx + redis) for my build too if that helps.

Does anyone have any experience migrating like this?

• Nastia

Hello Josh , hope you're doing well!

Migrating with Snapshot its quick and easy process. Once the plugin is installed on your site, create a Snapshot from Snapshot > All Snapshot.

Set up a WordPress site on a new location and install Snapshot there as well. Download the snapshot file you've created previously and upload it, using FTP, to a /wp-content/uploads/snapshot/ directory.
    Go to Snapshot > Import, import the backup file and restore it from Snapshot > All Snapshots.

All the detailed instructions can be found here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/easy-migration-snapshot/

If you migrating to a new host with the same domain name, you can do this with Managed Backups.
    Go to Snapshot > Managed backup, activate it by inserting a Snapshot key and create a backup. The backup will be uploaded to our cloud storage.

Download the full backup from the Hub > My Websites, along with the snapshot script:

Upload both to a new location and follow the setup wizard.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Nahid

Hey Josh !
    Hope you are having a great day!

There shouldn't be any issues with your existing databases if the site is migrated using Snapshot. If you are using a regular Snapshot backup to migrate the site, it'll only import the tables to the target site's database. If you are using a Managed Backup, you can choose which database to migrate to and it'll work only with that database.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need any further help regarding this. Thanks.

Kind regards,
    Nahid