Using Stripe as Marketpress payment gateway on Multisite w/ Global Shopping Cart...

We're working on a site that would function w/ similar style to etsy (i.e. folks can open a shop, my client gets a % of each sale + $.XX). I'm finding myself stumped on several fronts -
(1) the most basic of which being getting the payment gateway in Marketpress set up to handle this. Would I need to install Pro-sites or another plugin (the reviews here on WPMUDEV seem mixed on this), and if so, how to configure for the %+amount, rather than a simple charge for a higher level of access?
(2) Additionally, Marketpress only gives me the option of using Paypal Express Checkout when I've got the global shopping cart enabled, when I want to use Stripe.
(3) Help. :slight_smile: Thanks much!

• PC

Hiya,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

(1) the most basic of which being getting the payment gateway in Marketpress set up to handle this. Would I need to install Pro-sites or another plugin (the reviews here on WPMUDEV seem mixed on this), and if so, how to configure for the %+amount, rather than a simple charge for a higher level of access?

Currently its only possible to take a % off sales using PayPal chained payments.

(2) Additionally, Marketpress only gives me the option of using Paypal Express Checkout when I've got the global shopping cart enabled, when I want to use Stripe.

Global Shopping cart requires paypal Express. Its not possible to use any other gateway as they don't support Parallel payments.

So currently you'd need to go with PayPal express if using Global Cart and PayPal chained payments if you want to take a % off sales.

In future our developers are looking to allow using Global Shopping carts and PayPal chained payments together.

Cheers, PC

• PC

So, to clarify, the global shopping cart is a no-go if I want to take a % off of each sale?

Unfortunately not at the moment.

Is there another plugin that will work better that Pro-Sites for what you see me wanting to do here?

The best way and the only plugin available at the moment is Pro Sites where you can charge your users for creating sites on your network. You can create different plans with access to different plugins where you can offer more plugins and premium themes for high end customers.

We also have WHMCS MU provisioning where you can use WHMCS to provision sites on your WordPress network but that does not provide multiple levels like Pro Sites does.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.