using the Pay per view to reveal content on a page?

Hi, Im using upfront luke + Sarah theme, i want to use the pay to view plugin to reveal a custom coded widget after the user has paid to view that widget area. (effectively using it as a way for users to pay for a product upload)

see current widget in use here – http://tinyurl.com/plletgb

screenshot – http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=6408daf

so would need this content to be hidden until paid for.

Then is it possible to clone / Copy this for different products ?

Support Access is open

Please dont post any brand related information/ screenshots or domain links as i have had issues with google caching this information and linking it to their google searches of my site … very bad for brand… please use temporary image upload / tiny url / pastebin etc to mask this information.

Thanks

Tom

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Tom,

Hope you are doing good today!

I am sorry but pay per view mode does not work with Upfront elements at the moment.

You need to add it in the text box and then wrap it with pay per view shortcode.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Sajid

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Tom!

I hope you’re well today!

By “wrapping it with pay per view shortcode” Sajid means putting the content that’s about to be protected on a page into the “Text” module and then putting the Pay Per View generated shortcodes around.

I did however checked your site and an upload form that you wish to protect and it seems that it may not currently be possible to use it that way. The only working workaround that I could find (tested on my own setup) is to create a shortcode out of upload form and put it on a site as as a separate page/post. This however would mean that the form would be moved out of its current place in a layout into its own post/page. Instead of a form you would then want to put e.g. a link to that post.

Would that be an acceptable solution for you? Let me know please and if so I’ll guide you step-by-step on how to do this.

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.