Using the post voting plugin like Digg

Hi folks,

I'm running a niche site and would like the homepage to be a portal for content discovery (videos, articles etc) and the site's top voted content. So I have a number of questions regarding the plugin and how I can effectively put it to use.

1) What's the best method of allowing my registered multisite users to submit their own content for voting?

2) How would I add a filter for visitors to sort through the content by "most votes to least" as well as "newest to oldest"?

3) Is there any REAL likelihood of BuddyPress integration soon?

Thanks,

Dave

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi Dave

Welcome to the WPMU DEV Community!

I had a go at the Post Voting Plugin to see what functionality it can offer in terms of what you're looking for. I have to be honest: All of your questions would fall under the 'Feature Request' category, basically since this is only a voting plugin and doesn't have a built-in mechanism for users to submit their content; nor does it have a built-in filter for reviewing voted content.

That being said, there might be some other plugins that would be able to deliver those functions, so I will follow up with the rest of the Support Team and the Developers to see what options are out there that would be compatible with the Post Voting Plugin and Multisites.

I have also flagged the Developer for feedback on the BuddyPress integration. The Plugin is under active development, so we always welcome feedback and feature requests from our Users.

I will resolve this thread and move it to the 'Feature Request' Forum, but please don't hesitate to reopen it if you still require additional feedback from our Support Team. Just select the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (otherwise we might miss your new post).

And if you require any further assistance with any other topic/ plugin, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

Have a good day!

Gina :: Multiplicity
    Trying out as WPMU DEV Support Staff - Let me know how I go