Using the theme gridmarket for a multisite, how do I control the vendor's theme costumizations?

I am trying to create a website where users will be able to create their own site to sell goods. On their site I need to have my logo/header, a link back to my main site. I would like for them to be able to have their logo on their site also. I also need for the sites to communicate to each other, so that when a vendor adds a product on their website, the product shows up on the main website. How do I do this?

Vaughan

Hi @dawn,

You will need to manually add your logo/header/link to the gridmarket child theme code itself in the header.php file.

The themes will only cater for 1 logo to be added by the admin who activated that theme on their site, so it would be their logo/header.

You are using a multisite, so the plugins will communicate with each other. But you must make sure you have network activated marketpress.

Then you can use the /marketplace & global shortcodes on your main sites pages, when network activated you can find these shortcodes and the marketplace slugs in the Network dashboard > settings > marketpress page.

There's a usage guide here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce/#usage

On that page you can also find a youtuble playlist with some good informative videos on using marketpress on multisite.

Hope this helps

Patrick

Hi there @Dawn

Welcome to the forums, glad to have you aboard!

On their site I need to have my logo/header, a link back to my main site.

There are really only 2 ways to ensure that your logo appears on all sub-sites in your network:

- Create child-themes for the themes you wish to offer your users on their sub-sites, and hard-code your logo image in the header.php of each one.

- Try the Global Header Content module in our Ultimate Branding plugin (a lot easier!):
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-branding/

... when a vendor adds a product on their website, the product shows up on the main website.

That can also be done in either of 2 ways:

- When MarketPress is network-activated, it automatically creates a "marketplace" that displays products from your entire network of sites. Go to Network Settings > MarketPress and scroll down to where you see "Global MarketPlace URL Slugs". That is where you can customize the slugs for the marketplace virtual pages.

- You can also create actual pages on your site and display products from all sites using the [mp_list_global_products] shortcode. You'll see that explained just underneath the section mentioned above.

Have fun!

If you need more help with any of this, just post again. We're always here to help walk you through stuff.