Using the Ultimate Branding Site Wide Text Change, I caused an error & I'm not sure how to

Hi! :slight_smile:

I was just using the Ultimate Branding plugin's site wide text change feature to change some text. It didn't work on one sentence because some of the words were in bold. I figured I would put <strong></strong> tags around the words in bold when entering them into the text change feature. I saved it. Big mistake. The whole admin area now has this error message written over and over, and the page I was trying to edit shows the same error message. The page is at:

http://www.jennimckinnon.com/register

and the error message is as follows:

Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Unknown modifier 't' in /home/content/79/8499579/html/jm/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-branding/ultimate-branding-files/modules/site-wide-text-change.php on line 377

I looked at the file and searched around and couldn't figure out how to fix this.

If someone could help me get my site back to normal, and also help me figure out how to change the text that's in bold also using the text change feature, that would be fantastical!

Thanks for the help in advance!!

  • Vinod Dalvi

    Hi @niniane,

    Sorry to hear of the problems you are having.

    I was just using the Ultimate Branding plugin's site wide text change feature to change some text. It didn't work on one sentence because some of the words were in bold.

    Could you please share me the whole sentence with markup so that i can try changing it on my test site?

    To recover your site from the error message just add the following code in the functons.php file of your theme and visit the front end of your site, it will remove all the values saved in database from "Network Wide Text Change" option so that you can use your site normally. when your site reverts to normal then please remove the added code from functions.php file.

    ub_update_option('translation_table', array());
    ub_update_option( 'translation_ops', array() );

    Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

  • Jenni McKinnon

    Hey!

    Turns out the text was not changing initially not because certain words were in bold, but because those words were capitalized, and I didn't capitalize those words when trying to change them.

    I possibly wrote "Sign up" rather than "Sign Up" in the text I selected. At least I think that's what may have happened ... it's working now anyway, so someone fixed it, or it was just a silly mistake. Although, I copied and pasted the text exactly, I think.

    So maybe it was actually the fact that I changed the bold text by itself instead of the entire sentence (which included text which was not bold), that allowed me to be able to change it.

    Hopefully this explanation is enough to help someone else who has this issue in the future, because it worked for me!

    Thanks for your help @Vinod Dalvi! You fixed the biggest problem I was facing! Thanks for responding so quickly, too!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.