Using Ultimate Facebook

I am trying to understand how Ultimate Facebook works.

It seems that there are some plugins whose events take place once you are logged into your Wordpress site. I assume this, like Twitter Tools or others, is one of them. If you are logged into your WP site AND you are logged into your FB account, this plugin will work.

If you are not logged into your FB account, this plugin will prompt you to log into your FB account and then ask permission to be tied to your WP account.

Is this correct?

• Arun Basil Lal

Hello jonnylons,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

To clarify your first question.

If you are not logged into your FB account, this plugin will prompt you to log into your FB account and then ask permission to be tied to your WP account.

It depends on what option you choose. If "Require Facebook account" is checked, then the user MUST log into FB to sign-up. If the settings are set-up as show in the Screenshot 1, i.e. just "Force users to register with Facebook" a FB account is not essential. Users can sign-up even without logging in, by just filling up the fields..

if I have two accounts on a WP site (like an admin and an author role), how do I unassociate the Facebook account with one and associate with the other?

I am a bit in doubt here. FB account can be used to create a new user, so based on the subscription level you define for new registrations (Under Settings > General) the user is gonna be an admin or an author. When I tried playing around with this, I think I spotted something weird. Let me play with this for a while and see what I can come up.

Thanks for being a member, I will return to you again!

Arun Basil Lal

• jonnylons

@Arun - thanks! Yes, I understand that aspect of the plugin. What I am trying to understand is that how my FB account can be associated with both my "author" level WP user and my "admin" level WP user.

I guess the two are exempt from one another in a sense. On the one hand, you have your WP account and on the other you have your FB account.

Whenever you log into FB, your browser keeps that logged in.

Whenever you log into WP, your browser keeps that logged in, too.

If you try to post a comment or like a post, you can use the FB account to add that to your wall, etc.

But here is where I get confused. If you use the "log in with Facebook" feature, it will automatically link your FB account to the current WP account you are logged into? Because let's say I want to associate my FB account with my author level user for my WP site and not the WP admin level user - how do I disassociate the FB link to the one account (admin) and associate it to the other account (author)?

• Arun Basil Lal

Hello jonnylons,

But here is where I get confused. If you use the "log in with Facebook" feature, it will automatically link your FB account to the current WP account you are logged into? Because let's say I want to associate my FB account with my author level user for my WP site and not the WP admin level user - how do I disassociate the FB link to the one account (admin) and associate it to the other account (author)?

The link between FB and the user happens on the basis of the email ID. So the WP and FB accounts you want to link to should have the same email ID. So if you try to login using your FB account, and if a user with the same email ID (as used in the FB account) exists, those two accounts will be linked.

I hope that makes sense. Let me know!

Arun Basil Lal

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.