using ultimate facebook and the buddypress activity feed

Hail. I wish some assistance in implementing the Ultimate Facebook plugin.

Right now, when I do a status update in my BP activity feed, it publishes to my Facebook page, which is Good. However, it shows a particular image which was not chosen by me. I wish to know how to decide what image is transferred with the publish.

Secondly, what happens when * another * user writes an update? Does it publish to * their * Facebook profile instead of mine?

I have a number of questions related to this thread, yet this is the first one. Thank you in advance.

• Rupok

Hi Griffin, hope you had a wonderful day.

it shows a particular image which was not chosen by me

Can you provide the image link? Is it any uploaded image or is it an image from the plugin assets? Is there any pre-defined image meta tag in the header?

For testing user status update, it totally depends on your configuration.

Actually, I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Griffin

I enabled support access.

This is what I want, ultimately -

I have multiple members in the Buddypress. I wish all of them to be able to share their updates from the Activity feed to their individual facebook profiles if possible. If not, then suggest a workaround. Right now, everything seems to publish to MY profile.

Secondly, I don't know what you mean about the meta-tag in the header and need assistance. In the Ultimate Facebook area I put in the path to an image, but it doesn't seem to take.

thanks Rupok

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Griffin,

I have multiple members in the Buddypress. I wish all of them to be able to share their updates from the Activity feed to their individual facebook profiles if possible. If not, then suggest a workaround. Right now, everything seems to publish to MY profile.

Yes, because your facebook account was used to set up Ultimate Facebook. Ultimate Facebook does not allow for posting to different Facebook accounts because it wasn't create to handle multipe user accounts on one site.
    It allows to have multiple settings in subsites in Multisite - for each subsite - but not for each user in site.
    Please note that BuddyPress Activity+ does not have integration with Ultimate Facebook. Integration both of plugins is custom job and quite complex - thus it is beyond the support scope http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/support-vs-custom-development/

Secondly, I don't know what you mean about the meta-tag in the header and need assistance. In the Ultimate Facebook area I put in the path to an image, but it doesn't seem to take.

Because BuddyPress Activity is not integrated with Ultimate Facebook - activity updates are not creating og:image tag that carry image url. Posts would need to be shared directly so the Facebook will grab url of image (because when you go directly to post it has in code og:image tag).

kind regards,
    Kasia