Using Upfront Builder

First, I am new to this so be patient with me if you please:slight_smile: Second, I have installed the Upfront Builder plugin in WordPress. I selected the theme and after naming the page and clicking the theme to start withing with it, Upfront build opens with a blank space. How to I work with this? Is there a tutorial? I can't seem to find information on how to use Upfront Builder. I really need the help.

• Luís

Hi Hope C ,

Hope you're doing well today!

As this topic is related to one of our plugins, I moved it from the Members forum to the Support forum.

Members forum was created for better organize the WPMU Community, and for all the questions related to "non-support", as an example, suggestions about development, plugins, SEO, Marketing, etc. A forum dedicated exclusively to our members to share knowledgement between the community.

Regarding to your question, firstly, I am not sure if you are familiar with the differences between Upfront Builder and Upfront editor:

Upfront Builder

Upfront Builder is a new plugin to create your own Upfront child themes from the scratch, to design the base of your Upfront child theme.

You can create your own layouts (single post, single page, archive, etc) and export the theme to be used in your site or in other installations. Also, you can edit the layouts of the Upfront starter themes too (Spirit, Fixer, Panino, etc..).

Upfront Editor

Upfront Editor is used to insert/edit content in your website (pages, posts).

So basically Upfront Builder is used to create the base of your theme, the structure, that will be used everytime you start a website.

Difference here is that , Upfront Editor can be used to change the layout too, but, the changes made using Upfront Editor will only be for that site and it will be not saved as new starting theme.

So you can use Upfront Builder to create a starting theme, activate it on your desired sites and then use Upfront Editor to make changes only.

If you want to learn more about Upfront Builder, please, check our manuals section:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/working-with-the-upfront-builder/

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.