Using Upfront Builder

So far was loving this but after using Genesis for 5 years I am ready to throw in the towel .... I am using the 14 free day trial but think I will have to cancel as just can't get this builder to work. It's taking forever to load anything especially an image - certainly not an easy drag and drop - can anyone point me in the direction of VERY EASY to follow tips and tutorials. Trying it out on my dummy site, dare not on my main blog until I am confident I can work it. Have looked at how to build a design on the main website but its just not doing that.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Emma,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Let me please address your question in two parts :slight_smile:

First, there's the issue of Upfront Buider being slow on your site and not letting you actually build much. Upfront Builder has been tested and is used by many Members of our community but there's always a chance (that also applies to other 3rd party themes and plugins) that due to some specific settings/configuration/environment it may require some "special treatment". Therefore, to be able to tell you more on this I would need to check and test that on your site directly. In order to do this, I would need to access it so the would you mind granting me a support access so I could take a closer look?

Here's a guide on how to do this:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

The second part of your question is about guides/tips. I think I'll start with stressing out that while Upfront is actually very "flexible" and gives a lot of great possibilities, it's also quite different than any other WP theme and it's different than other "builders". It's important to get familiar with Upfront (as in "Upfront theme"/"Upfront Editor") first and understand Upfront structure. It makes most of the things much easier :slight_smile:

You will find a complete guide to Upfront here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/upfront-structure/

Start with this article please and then take a look at next sections (last one is "Working with Upfront Builder") and I think that should give you a solid foundations of what Upfront is, how it works and how to use it.

If you come across any issues on the way or have questions, don't hesitate to ask as we are all here to help :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.