using user pro for sign up with membership 2 pro

Hi gang,

We would like to use USERPRO http://codecanyon.net/item/userpro-user-profiles-with-social-login/5958681 for the sign up function.

Is it possible and how would we accomplish the use of membership pro 2 subscriptions via the custom form fields of USERPRO?

Would like to have the Creators Membership 2 Pro users be able to make blog installs as well

I'll open up access to the multisite install so you can see.

Please advise.

many thanks

C

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello!

I hope you're well today and thanks for the question!

In order to use 3rd-party registration forms you will want to disable Membership 2 default registration form. In order to to this please add the following line to your wp-config.php file:

add_filter('ms_frontend_handle_registration', '__return_false');

This should stop Membership 2 Pro registration from interfering with your other plugin's registration form.

As for handling memberships with this plugin. I'm not quite sure what would you like to achieve here. The default workflow with external registration form is that the user registers and then is able to select membership from memberships page.

In case you'd like to assign membership automatically upon signup, this code may be of help (though it may need some adjustments):

https://gist.github.com/bappi-d-great/a50ab3599273a2308e2e

If I'm missing anything here, let me know please!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Laura O'Reilly

broke the site.

where does it go in the wp-config.php file:

Can you have a look? The membership 2 pro is co-opting any and all sign up activity going on with USER PRO.

We would like to use membership 2 and user pro together. UP has the front facing UI we need. And Membership 2 Pro has the hiding of the menus and short code based membership specific page content using short codes.

Can you please have a look? I've deactivated all but he primary plugins we need in the home site.

Activating WPMUDEV access.

thanks for looking.

:slight_smile:

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Laura,

I hope you're well today and I sincerely apologize for the delay on my site.

I also need to say that I'm deeply sorry for pointing you to a wrong direction. I've given you a wrong advise by mistake and didn't spot it on time. The

line shouldn't be added to your "wp-config.php" file as I told you before but to your current theme's functions.php file. This is why your site got broken but adding it to functions.php file should help.

I'm very sorry for the trouble that it caused and I apologize for my mistake!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Laura O'Reilly

Is this correct?
    I added it to the bottom, like so:

<?php
    if (!defined('ABSPATH')) exit; // Exit if accessed directly

/**
    * Main child theme class
    * @class OM_Child_Theme
    */
    final class OM_Child_Theme
    {
    /**
    * @var bool|mixed|null|string Theme version
    */
    private $version;

/**
    * Setup all the things
    */
    public function __construct()
    {
    $theme = wp_get_theme();
    $this->version = $theme->Version;

add_action('wp_enqueue_scripts', array($this, 'enqueue_css'));
    add_action('wp_enqueue_scripts', array($this, 'enqueue_js'));

// Includes
    require_once(__DIR__ . '/lib/extras.php');
    }

/**
    * Enqueue the CSS
    */
    public function enqueue_css()
    {
    wp_enqueue_style('child-custom-css', get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/assets/css/style.css', null, $this->version);
    }

/**
    * Enqueue the Javascript
    */
    public function enqueue_js()
    {
    wp_enqueue_script('child-custom-js', get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/assets/js/custom.js', array('jquery'), $this->version, true);
    }
    }

/**
    * Initialise
    */
    add_action('init', function () {
    new OM_Child_Theme();
    });

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello David!

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

As you can see I never got an answer so I'm not sure if this worked in this specific case. I know that some members of our community were using UserPro along Membership 2 Pro without issues but it may need some adjustment/customization in case of some more complex setups.

That said, I think the best way would be to just give it a try as you can always switch back to Membership 2 Pro registration form at any moment.

In case you had any further questions or needed assistance, please start your a new thread of your own, so we'll be able to assist you better. You may do it here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.