Using WP-CLI to install WPMU DEV plugins

I want to use WP-CLI to install WPMU DEV plugins. How can I do that, as of now I cannot as I cannot authenticate using WP-CLI.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Braydan Willrath

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I'm afraid this is not possible currently "out of the box". You can install plugins - including our plugins, free versions of them - available from the wordpress.org repository. However, in case of plugins available directly from WPMU DEV an authentication is required and access is not "open to public".

However, I have asked our developers/admins if it would be possible to either override it somehow or to introduce some additional authentication ways for use with wp-cli. Please keep an eye on this ticket and I'll update you here as soon as I get to know more.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Braydan Willrath
    • Flash Drive

Hi Adam,
    I really hope the admins decide to make this a possibility. It would help us manage our sites tremendously.

Gravity Forms does it through a CLI plugin available publicly on the Wordpress Plugins directory. So this is how I do it.

wp plugin install gravityformscli --activate
    wp gf install --key={API_KEY} --activate

Very simple and easy. Perhaps you guys could do something similar.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Braydan Willrath

Thank you for your response!

Gravity Forms does it through a CLI plugin available publicly on the Wordpress Plugins directory. So this is how I do it.

wp plugin install gravityformscli --activate
    wp gf install --key={API_KEY} --activate

To be able to access updates of our plugin (not the free/lite ones available from wp.org repository but pro versions from here) you need to use our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin anyway and be logged in into your WPMU DEV account. So I admit that makes sense to me :slight_smile: I've asked our developers about it earlier but I've also now suggested it to them as a new feature: to implement WP CLI support for plugins' installs and updates in WPMU DEV Dashboard. I'd rather not make promises at this point but I believe it if would work in a similar way as mentioned GF, it would be what you need, right?

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.