Events +: Using WP functions with events +

Hello all on this fine Sunday,

So Im using events+ on a site and have discovered something slightly annoying.

Say I wanted to change something for the events page but using the header file. So I want to use the is_page() function but is_page('events') does not work. Im guessing because the plugin doesnt actually create the page.

Its a good plugin but Id like it to hook into the WP functions more. Is there a way to use is_page() that I dont know about, some ID thats assigned that I cant see?

Cheers

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @ThePath

Welcome on this beautiful Sunday :slight_smile:

I'm not too sure if it's possible to hook into the WP functions, so I will ask the Developer to come on board and give us some more feedback regarding this.

Excellent question!

Talk soon.

GinaB

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @The Path

I actually think we have to move your post to the Feature Suggestions and Feedback Forum, since this is more of a feature request and I think it might be something that other user would also be interested in.

Hope you agree :slight_smile: Get you maximum exposure for your request.

GinaB

• ThePath
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi Gina, well yeh I guess if the answer to my question is no then it is a feature request:

Is there a way to use is_page() that I dont know about, some ID thats assigned that I cant see?

Id be interested in a discussion about whether its possible to do this somehow just now.

The main reason is I want to have different CSS on the body tag. Id prefer to do this in the header file using is_page() rather than do it in the events templates and have my changes overidden upon update.

Cheers

• ThePath
    • The Bug Hunter

If you'll copy the event template page to your theme's folder and change it there no overwritten will happen in the future updated of the plugin.

Ah nice one I didnt know that.

is_post_type_archive('incsub_event')

Yarrrr I shoulda got that one dagnabit :wink:

OK cool well I have options anyway, might use the is_post_type_archive() across the board as its just a small css change and would prefer it on all archived pages :smiley:

What a helpful community this is.

• ThePath
    • The Bug Hunter

Thought Id post this if anyone cares, lol

<?php if (is_post_type_archive() ) { ?>
    <style>
    body {background: url("<?php bloginfo( 'template_url' ); ?>/images/bodybg.jpg") repeat-x scroll center -160px #1474D5;}
    </style>
    <?php } ?>

So basically I have pages where I have a grey bg image, but needed it shorter on on the events page. Might even make a custom page template so the admin can select this style of page for any page.

:smiley:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.