Using WPMU DEV Dashboard Plugin on local wordpress instalation

Can I use the "WPMU DEV Dashboard Plugin" on local Wordpress instalation, like XAMPP ? I can't login my user/password... I typed the correct information ( I am sure of this ) and nothing happens. I got no message error and the screen keeps as nothing have been typed.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Claudio,

Hope you're doing well today!

The dashboard should work fine on your local install as well as long as it can communicate with our server and your local server has the necessary modules active. Do you have cURL enabled? You can check this by checking your php info. If you're not sure where to check that then create a new php file and add this to it:

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Then navigate to it and it should give you all your php config information. I've attached a screenshot of where you will see if curl is enabled or not.

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Claudio Dicolla

I already had this option "cURL support" enabled.

So, this program "cURL" is the ONLY way the plugin do all the communication process with your server ?

There is some kind of LOG error which I can access to find out more information ?

If I turn on the wordpress debug option ( define( 'WP_DEBUG', true ); in the wp-config.php ) I will be able to get more information related to execution of this step of the plugin ?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Claudio,

Just needed to make sure php on your server was properly configured to contact our api with a GET HTTP request via fsockopen or curl. Which since you have curl enabled already then that shouldn't be the issue and something else must be blocking it.

If I turn on the wordpress debug option ( define( 'WP_DEBUG', true ); in the wp-config.php ) I will be able to get more information related to execution of this step of the plugin ?

Yes, please try this and enable the debug log too so you can view the logs after trying to login :slight_smile: any errors that you think might be related please paste here after.

So make sure these are in your wp-config.php:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.