USPS – No Valid Shipping Options

Hello,

We are using the Markepress plugin and set up shipping through USPS. We are receiving an error "No valid shipping options found. Please check your address carefully.".

We've searched the forums and from what I've read, most people have failed to call USPS and activate the account once it was created. We instructed our client to activate their account as the instructions stated and they forwarded me the email they received (below) so it is my understanding that everything is setup correctly. I have tried 4 different addresses and it still does not work.

Email from USPS.

Congratulations on completing your testing using the U.S. Postal

Service's Web Tools Application Program Interfaces (APIs). Your

profile has been updated to allow you access to the Production Servers.

At this point – I am not sure what steps I should take to resolve.

Please advise.

Thank you in advance.

Brian

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @nuexpression

Welcome to the forums!

First, be sure there are no white spaces before or after the username (common problem when copy-pasting).

Second, contact USPS tech support at 1-800-344-7779 or uspstechsupport@esecurecare.net and let them know you are using the Marketpress Plugin. They will transfer you to their production server. They are apparently very knowledgeable and are aware of this plugin and should get you set up lickety-split. :slight_smile:

I hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• nuexpression
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey!

Thank you for your prompt reply. Before I got your msg – I called USPS myself to see what was going on. Long story short — the client has two accounts under the same email (for some reason) and USPS activated the wrong account. As soon as they activated the correct one — it worked as it should have been.

I knew that something seemed off, especially since we got an email confirmation that was was activated.

Thanks!

Brian

• nuexpression
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Patrick (or others that might respond),

I need to re-open this ticket. As the previous ticket suggested — following the activation of the correct account — this began working again. We found out this morning that it has stopped working and the same error message “No valid shipping options found. Please check your address carefully.” is being displayed.

I called USPS myself to confirm that nothing has been altered or changed on the account. They confirmed that the user ID is in fact active and turned onto production. They were not able to help me any further on diagnosing the problem because its not giving an API error codes and that the error message is directly related to the shopping cart.

We are literally DAYS from launching this site — so I really need some assistance on figuring out what is wrong.

The test server is located at: http://gunyeah.wpengine.com/store/products/

I can send you an credentials that you might need to assist — but I would want to send through a private msg if you need it.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Brian

• nuexpression
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi again,

Did more investigating. It seems as though REALLY light items are not working. This client has things from stickers to duffle bags.

Now that I can adjust the weight — we don’t know how to resolve another issue.

For example — the settings ask for box dimensions — but it never asks for individual product dimensions. Thus — I can order 10 duffle bags — but because it is under the max weight (but WAY over the size allotted) the boxes are not adjusted appropriately.

Please advise.

Brian

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @nuexpression

I’m doing a bit of housekeeping by going through some older threads.

I noticed that this one is still open, and appears to have been dropped. Terribly sorry about that. :slight_frown:

That is a tricky one. I just went through the various settings on my test site, and can see no way to adjust things for lightweight orders with potentially very large dimensions like that.

It would appear that you will need to tweak your individual product shipping weights, as well as the max-weights for the various box sizes.

You can see all the allowed sizes here:

https://www.usps.com/ship/priority-mail-flat.htm

Also, USPS limits the total package weight to 70lbs.

I’ll also flag the plugin developer on this issue to see if he can provide some insight into this. Maybe there’s something we both overlooked.

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

It’s really not possible to figure out those kinds of ranges because the products currently don’t store dimensions.

A guy could be shipping gold bars and framed posters and there’s no way to figure out that though the weight may be the same the dimensions are wildly different.

Then there is the problem of multipacking several items in one box. how would you figure out the best packing order and combination?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.