Utimate Facebook Bugs and Suggestions

Is there any plans to update Ultimate Facebook in the near future? I love the idea however, I am noticing some issues with the plugin. I am going to display some bugs and suggestions to help the author be aware of some problems.
Social Login:
Case sensitive
If someone uses the email of JohnSmith@domain.com when they signed up for WordPress and then uses Facebook to connect that has johnsmith@domain.com as their primary email address, it creates a new account.
Liking a post:
Since Facebook has added the would you like to say more after the like, it opens a dialog underneath. The dialog does not fit into the Div and only a tip of it is shown. At first, I figured that it could be my theme, so I tried three other plugins for FaceBook liking. They all displayed perfectly without any Css changes.
Social Commenting:
The native social commenting that Ultimate Facebook uses is definitely not the way to go anymore. It does not look well with any theme. The other plugin on this site, Social Commenting does not use the native comment box, and looks very good with themes. Is there anyway that can be emulated?
Final Thoughts
I feel that overall, this plugin is great, but has not reached its potential and honestly is starting to lag behind the rest, including free plugins. I had to disable the Social commenting and like feature and use two other plugins for them. I would like to only use this one if it can be updated.
one HUGE plus for Ultimate Facebook is that it does not require a third party for Social Login! That is where this plugin is vastly superior to the rest.

Just a FYI, I attempted to inject the "Social Login into User Profiles Made Easy" (Code Canyon)by editing their PHP. However, no matter what changes I tried to make, it seems impossible to alter their login or registration page despite changing their respective strings in the string builder.

• Vaughan

Hi @Kilmanagh,

Hope you're well?

Thankyou for the feedback, I will pass this along to the developer.

Social Login:
    Case sensitive
    If someone uses the email of JohnSmith@domain.com when they signed up for WordPress and then uses Facebook to connect that has johnsmith@domain.com as their primary email address, it creates a new account.

I've never noticed this before, personally I think wordpress should use the strtolower() function on email fields like this, that would resolve this issue straight away. I will have to test this, and if that's the case, I will mark it as a bug :slight_smile:

Liking a post:
    Since Facebook has added the would you like to say more after the like, it opens a dialog underneath. The dialog does not fit into the Div and only a tip of it is shown. At first, I figured that it could be my theme, so I tried three other plugins for FaceBook liking. They all displayed perfectly without any Css changes.

This does happen occasionally, i've experienced this myself on several occasions and had to use CSS to fix. But it doesn't happen on every theme, so it's not a generalised issue we could pinpoint. If you could post a URL to the page where it does it, I could certainly give you the CSS for your theme to fix it?

Social Commenting:
    The native social commenting that Ultimate Facebook uses is definitely not the way to go anymore. It does not look well with any theme. The other plugin on this site, Social Commenting does not use the native comment box, and looks very good with themes. Is there anyway that can be emulated?

Yeah, I much prefer the way wordpress comments are used. I haven't used the other plugin before, so I don't know what method that uses. however I will certainly add this to the feature requests for the developer to look into, but I think it would require quite a few changes to the plugin to change it as it is now. So wouldn't be a simple solution we could give you.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.