Validation email and behavior for eNewsletter

Great plugin so far.I have a few questions.

1. Where can I change the status message that appears in the widget after registering. Currently it says that they have been registered; however, I would like to message that a verification email was sent.

2. Where can I change the verification email message? I would like to customize and brand it.

3. Is there a way to have the validation redirect to my homepage instead of a blank page?

thank you!

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi @leonardo_benitez

Greetings and thanks for standing by.

Before we go ahead and edit the plugin core files, would that be fine if you try out the new highly improved beta of this plugin ? It will soon be launched as a stable release and if we make modifications to the old version of the plugin, that would be no better.

You can download the latest beta from here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/new-e-newsletter-beta-would-love-your-feedback-1

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• leonardo_benitez
    • New Recruit

Thank you PC,

I downloaded the latest build. I haven't delved to deeply into it but I did find some issues.

1. The Email Title gets reverted upon sending a newsletter. I changed it to a custom title, but upon receiving it in my inbox, the title reverted back to "Default Email Title". I tested this twice with the same results. ( I use the Minimize theme)

2. To be perfectly honest, I am not a fan of the active preview while composing a newsletter feels slow, very slow. Rather than updating on every key stroke it should perhaps update at set intervals of time, or have a manual update button. This is particularly painful when I finished typing out a paragraph and needed to open the html panel. The previewer was still updating and I had to wait a good 30 seconds for it to complete the paragraph so that the html window would open.

3. The link functionality is broken via the UI. Links only work if they are added in HTML.

My suggestion is to perhaps give people the ability to disable the automatic preview and use a manual one.

Back to my previous questions, where would I look to update the content and behavior of the e-mail validation functionality?

Thanks,

Leo

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Leo,

Thanks for the test results. I will certainly pass them on the our lead developer @Maniu

2. Where can I change the verification email message? I would like to customize and brand it.

You can do that by editing the double_optin.html file inside e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/emails

I just tested it and added an image to brand it and it looks like the screenshot.

3. Is there a way to have the validation redirect to my homepage instead of a blank page?

Unfortunately not that easily. Because its not a physical page which can be put a redirection on. Lets see if @Maniu has got anything on this one.

Cheers, PC

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hey @leonardo_benitez

Thanks for the feedback on our new version.
    The link button is indeed not working, thanks.
    Often updating has its pluses and minuses, but i agree that maybe it should be done not as often:slight_smile:
    About new title not being sent, are you 100% sure that you save the newsletter before sending a preview?

Lets get back to helping you out with current problems

this should be helpful(keep in mind that its not for beta. In beta, the line would be 879):
    LINK

If you are ok with editing PO language files - i suppose it would be easiest to change messages there. The correct line for function responsible is 427(beta- 556), main e-newsletter.php file.

Let us know how it goes.
    Thanks,
    Maniu

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.