Variable Option Issue

When I add variables to products in the store – ie. Medium, Large, etc. – when a user goes to add the product into the shopping cart they are directed to the attached screenshot. When you try and refresh the page, it just adds another to the quantity of the specific product. Other than this issue, the shop is working fine.

I am using all of the latest updates. My theme is Studio using Classic presentation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Ciara,

Adding a product to the cart shouldn’t send the user to another page. Did you have a Cart widget you were using to display the shopping cart and that’s what the screenshot represents?

Also, could you let us know if you’re attempting to add the product to the cart from the individual product page or from the general product listing?

And just to be thorough, could you let us know which version of WordPress and the Studio theme you’re using?

Thanks,

David

• Ciara
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

David:

Re: Cart widget – Yes, I am using the one supplied with MarketPress.

Re: Screenshot – It actually represents the redirected page after you click on Add to Cart.

Re: Adding product – it happens if added from both pages.

Both WordPress and Studio are the lasest versions.

Thanks for your help on this!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Ciara,

Thanks for that additional information. The Add to Cart button should not be redirecting to another page when pressed.

I’ve got a test site setup with Studio, using MarketPress with a product that has a number of variations and can’t reproduce the issue there. So I’m wondering if there’s a plugin conflict here.

Could you maybe try deactivating other plugins momentarily to see if the issue persists?

Thanks,

David

• Ciara
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

David:

We just installed the WPMU chat plugin and the issue resurfaced. The chat bar showed up on the bottom of the page but would not expand. The shopping cart reverted back to the original posting. Obviously, there is a conflict somewhere. Any ideas?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.