Variations in Marketpress eCommerce

Hello,

I'm setting up a simple store. I've changed themes and since WPMUDev's Spirit theme doesn't appear to be WooCommerce compatible, I'm using your MarketPress plugin. I'm selling 5 items. One is an actual paperback, which is a certain cost and needs to be shipped. The other two are an audiobook and E-Book, which are each different costs and are downloadable, not shipped. I see the Variations in the Product setup, but no way to distinguish which one is Downloadable and which is to be shipped. Does your plugin support this?

• Tyler Postle

Hey again Michael,

When you fill in the "product download" field, it automatically makes that a downloadable product and shipping costs won't be applied to it :slight_smile:

I've attached a screenshot of the field just in-case. You will find it on each product edit/create page.

You will also find some options relating to downloadable products taxes and max download limit in the Products > Settings > General tab.

If you have any further questions just let us know.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Michael

Hi Tyler,

However it's one product page with three different formats: Audiobook, E-Book and Paperback. I have three variations setup for three different prices, but I want to set it so when they choose Audiobook or E-Book, it downloads the product, but if they choose Paperback, it will ship instead. I'd rather do this under one Product and not have three separates just to have two as Downloads and one as shipping. Is this possible? I don't see how to make two Variations downloadable and the third shippable.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Michael, thanks for your reply. At the moment there is no per variation shipping options like that. The best solution would be to create separate products; however, improving variations has been a focus for MP 3.0 which we've been working on for awhile and is due out soon. I'm going to bring this up with the developer as I haven't seen MP 3.0 myself yet but I do think options like this would be awesome to have, if it's not already planned for 3.0 :slight_smile:

In the meantime, let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.