Various questions - see info below

Thank you in advance for your help!! I have been playing around with the plugin for a couple of weeks on and off, and these are the questions that I am stuck on...

Where can I find the shortcodes to use with the membership plugin?

Where do I edit the alternative text/images for when a user visits a protected page that they do not have access to?

Can I create a unique welcome page for each subscription purchase confirmation? For example, the welcome page when a user purchases one subscription should look different from the welcome page when a user purchases another subscription.

Once users have set up accounts and purchased a subscription, how do they login? Do we need to put log-in links on the site header or does the membership plugin do this?

If the user should log in by visiting the wordpress login (website.com/login), how do we make them redirect to the protected content that they have purchased?

Can we require a customer to accept terms and conditions before purchasing a membership? This would happen during the checkout process - the user must read and accept the terms before they can pay.

Can we add a sidebar to the default membership pages (register, account, membership)? Or does this rely on the theme?

• Vaughan

Hi @cronzio,

Where can I find the shortcodes to use with the membership plugin?

You can find the shortcodes on the access levels page. (screenshot 1)

[level-levelname]
    Protected content
    [/level-levelname]

Where do I edit the alternative text/images for when a user visits a protected page that they do not have access to?

You can edit this in the dashboard > membership > options > membership pages tab You can select any page you want as a protected page. users will be redirected to that page.

Can I create a unique welcome page for each subscription purchase confirmation? For example, the welcome page when a user purchases one subscription should look different from the welcome page when a user purchases another subscription.

You just use 1 page as a welcome page, but you can show different content to different levels of membership by surrounding the content using the access level shortcodes.

[level-level1]
    Only level 1 members see this.
    [/level-level1]

[level-level2]
    Only level 2 see this
    [level-level2]

Once users have set up accounts and purchased a subscription, how do they login? Do we need to put log-in links on the site header or does the membership plugin do this?

If the user should log in by visiting the wordpress login (website.com/login), how do we make them redirect to the protected content that they have purchased?

Users can use the default domain.com/wp-login.php page, or you could add links in the theme, some themes have their own login sections. or you can use a plugin such as http://wordpress.org/plugins/login-sidebar-widget/

You can use a redirect plugin such as https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/login-redirect/

But you can't specifically redirect em based on their level

Can we require a customer to accept terms and conditions before purchasing a membership? This would happen during the checkout process - the user must read and accept the terms before they can pay.

On a multisite, yes, you can use https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/terms-of-service/

But this doesn't work on single sites. nothing stopping you from creating the multisite though, you don't actually have to allow users to create sites/blogs.

Can we add a sidebar to the default membership pages (register, account, membership)? Or does this rely on the theme?

Yes, they are normal pages, so if your theme has sidebars, then they will work.

There's a full user guide here, and you might find the video playlist helpful too. https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/#usage

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.