Various: site overview, package offers, and...

I just recently set up http://WidowTime.com (as best as I know how) to your instructions.

With Membership, Market, and BuddyPress

Can you look it over, please, and see if there's anything I'm missing?

2CO is not taking the credit card right now... When I hit the subscribe button, it subscribes them, but it does not go to shopping cart.

I hope to get that resolved, but I also have another question...

How do I do a 3 year prepaid membership option? For instance, 3 years of Butterfly level for $150 (rather than $19.95 / mo)? (For founding members, for instance.) Or 3 years of Cocoon level for $150 (rather than $9.95 / mo)? (For gift to the newly widowed, for instance.)

How does a member upload a photo to the site? I'm assuming YouTube video will embed?

Where is the blog posts page? I don't want that for a home page, but surely there is a page / url?

Also, I'm having issues with the homepage post section. It keeps putting space in the text alongside the "Welcome" graphic. When you look at it, I have NOT done a double line space. I take it out of the code / html view, but when I "Update" it comes back.

Thanks, Ted

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Ted,

I hope you are well today and thanks for your questions.

It doesn't look like your missing anything, just of course you have the 2CO checkout issue, would you mind putting it in sandbox mode for me to test the process?

How do I do a 3 year prepaid membership option? For instance, 3 years of Butterfly level for $150 (rather than $19.95 / mo)? (For founding members, for instance.) Or 3 years of Cocoon level for $150 (rather than $9.95 / mo)? (For gift to the newly widowed, for instance.)

I'm afraid currently out of the box that wouldn't be possible, you'd need to create additional memberships for that and have them set as 3 years rather than months :slight_smile:

How does a member upload a photo to the site? I'm assuming YouTube video will embed?

They would upload a photo to their activity stream from their profile within in BuddyPress, though this wouldn't upload to a central gallery, if that's what you wanted? Yes Youtube Video Embed should work fine :slight_smile:

For the blog page, do you have a static home page setup within reading settings? wp-admin > settings > reading if so, there should also be a blog page defined there, please advise.

For the double space issue, Could you post a screenshot please of what you'd like to move please? The welcome image or something else?

Please advise.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Trick

Thanks for everything.

would you mind putting it in sandbox mode for me to test the process?

Done.

For the blog page, do you have a static home page setup within reading settings? wp-admin > settings > reading if so, there should also be a blog page defined there, please advise.

It does not look like I have that page, see screenshot:
    g-blogpagenot

How do I add more than 1 screenshot?

I'll add another post for now.

Thanks, T

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Trick

I hope you are well today and thanks for the additional information.

I have tested the checkout process and got a payment receipt and can log in, can you confirm in wp-admin > membership > members that it has assigned me the subscription?

For the blog page, if you go to pages > add new > create a page called blog, leave it empty and publish, then go back to the reading settings and choose that newly created page as your blog page :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.