Vary Post layout based on category

My client will be publishing news releases which typically have a very specific and consistent format. Now aside form the anachronism of using -30- on a website, I would like to adjust the look of the single post rendering to move the Date from its very nice position into a more traditional place following the title with "For Immediate Release, March 1, 2016". I cannot figure out how to make this work with spirit.

I'd like to just do it for my one category if possible. I know my way around PHP but I couldn't make heads nor tails of the stuff in the spirit child theme.

• Rupok

Hi Adam

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I'd like to just do it for my one category if possible

I'm afraid, you can't change post layout based on category at this moment. But you can set different layout for individual posts. When you change post layout and save, Upfront will ask you if you want to set the new style for that post only or for all posts. If you choose that specific post, then the new layout will work only for that post.

However, facility of changing layout based on category sounds a good idea. So I'm moving your thread to our Features and Feedback section. More people liking your idea, more chances our developers will work on this and will include this feature in our future releases.

Is there anything else we can help you with? We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.