VAT (Tax) in Pro Sites

I wonder why the only option to set VAT in Pro Sites is with Taxamo?
I would like to set a price (e.g Kr. 99,- +VAT) in my pricelist, but I can only write a fixed price. When using Stripe, then it's only charging the kr. 99,-

To compensate for the VAT I would have to set the price at kr. 123.75 but that just dont look right, kr. 99 +VAT sound better, and studies show this actually converts better in sales

I have no intention on using Taxamo, ehy on earth should I buy a suscription for this, when I only sell in Denmark, and we have one fixed VAT. But I do not have the option to choose wether I want to set my price with or without tax.

Also my clients should get an invoice saying either "including VAT or price an VAT separate with a total sum.

But I can not make an invoice in Pro Sites??
This means I manually must write and send this after?

Any sollutions I have overseen?

Regards Kenneth

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Kenneth,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Unfortunately Pro Sites currently offers Taxamo as an VAT solution and there's no other options to manually enter VAT separate from the price.

Same thing is related to the email, once Taxamo is enabled it does include VAT price and percentage in content, it looks something like this:

Your Pro Site subscription payment was successful!
    Current Plan: Super Pro
    Payment Method: Stripe
    Payment Term: Every 1 Month(s)
    Transaction/Invoice #: in_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Transaction/Invoice Date: 2016-01-01
    Transaction Details:
    Super Pro: Monthly $20.00
    Sub-Total: $20.00
    Tax Rate: 19%
    Tax Amount: $3.80
    Total: $23.80

I'm afraid there's currently no way of changing this behaviour without some custom development :slight_frown:

If you need to customize this then you can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/
    Please note that, no WPMU official staff members are allowed to work in the job board.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Dimitris

Hey there Kenneth, Maarten,

hope you're having a beautiful day and don't mind chiming in! :slight_smile:

I am having the same issue. It's nice to have Taxamo calculate the VAT. However, I also would like to display it without taxes. Displaying the prices including VAT does not make sense in a business to business market.

Would be really great to have a feature like that!

As my colleague Predrag mentioned earlier this requires some custom coding unfortunately (Jobs&Pros section).

I can propose to you to move this thread to Features&Feedback section though.
    There's no guarantee that this will be implemented in a new release, but if more members find this required and upvote for it, it'll have better chances to find its way in a future version. :slight_smile:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Kenneth

Hi Dimitris.

Yes, super if you can move it there.
    However the "if more members find this required" should not even be a consideration. So why do I feel that?

Well, we are all professionals (or most of us I guess), and in a professional environment this is not even a debatable issue! I simply do not understand that a plugin that should be used by professionals do not have that option.

I am positive that wpmudev staff can see my point in this :slight_smile:

Also my other issue was that in order to do any VAT calculation I am forced to use Taxamo. As stated before, an option to set your own tax would be most appreciated, since I see no reason to pay for a subscription to Taxamo when I only deal with one tax, and one country.

Thanks
    Kenneth

• Dimitris

Hey there Kenneth,

However the "if more members find this required" should not even be a consideration. So why do I feel that?

Well, we are all professionals (or most of us I guess), and in a professional environment this is not even a debatable issue! I simply do not understand that a plugin that should be used by professionals do not have that option.

I am positive that wpmudev staff can see my point in this

That's true, users votes aren't an obligatory condition for us, it's just a plus when we review them. There could be found addons/updates which were added after just a few requests. :slight_smile:

Also my other issue was that in order to do any VAT calculation I am forced to use Taxamo. As stated before, an option to set your own tax would be most appreciated, since I see no reason to pay for a subscription to Taxamo when I only deal with one tax, and one country.

Taxamo addon was mainly added to confront latest VAT EU regulation rules for transactions between different countries, not really related to a tax system you require.

Take care,
    Dimitris

• Kenneth

Hi Dimitris.

Dont get me wrong. I think the taxamo option is fantastic. I just think it should be just that: an option. So I am not saying you should not have this option, on the contrary!

I think Taxamo is a must when selling to different countries, and make life more easy in this case. And worth the subscription as well.

However, for those of us who only deal with one VAT rate, it should be possible to also have the option to set customized VAT. I think in Market Press there are both options? So something similar in Pro Sites would be fantastic.

Also pls. note that I love you guys, and your plugins. Just because everything is not 100% after my head, doesn't mean I am not satisfied :wink:

best
    Kenneth

• Dimitris

Greetings Kenneth,

hope you're having a beautiful day! :slight_smile:

I really didn't/don't get you wrong in any way! I do understand your need here that's why I proposed to move this thread in this section.

About Taxamo, I also think that can be a life-saviour for multi-EU cases and the way to enable it (as an add-on) is to show to us that it's an extra option, like you mentioned. I really do hope that a plain tax system will find its way in a future release and continue to keep you satisfied! :slight_smile:

Take care,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.