Very slow loading after completing a course with question elements

Hello.

The problem is the following:

First the site is working fine. Then I make a course with few units with few text elements and few single and multiple answer elements, I enroll, I start learning. At this point the site is still working fine. BUT when I go in the units and answer the questions and finish some units, then all coursepress related pages of the site start working super slow! They can't even load. Other pages that are wp post and pages not related to coursepress are working fine.
Another interesing thing is, if I unpublish the course, now the problem is fixed. If I publish it again, the problem is back.

I have made a course now that has some answers answered and it is creating this problem and I have unpublished it so you can click around the site for example on the page /courses/ and see how it works great. Then go and publish it and try /courses/ and you will see the problem. (When the problem begins it takes some time for the slow effect to wear off, like a minute, even after unpublishing the course. I assume the server is recovering from the load or something. This is why it is easier to test first working fine and then with the problem, and not the other way around.)

The site is /nikolaytest1234 and the course is called: Slow test. I am granting support access now.

Thanks.

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey there @todor,

We had several reports of CoursePress performance issues lately and this is already been reported to our developer. The issue is currently being looked at and hopefully it will be fixed soon.

I'll keep this thread updated as soon as I have more information :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Bojan

• todor
    • The Incredible Code Injector

OK.
    Just to add, it is so slow it not really loading. It stops at 30 seconds and it says:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /********/****/*********/********/wp-includes/functions.php on line 380

Hope that helps.

• todor
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Also keep in mind that this is happening exactly in the specific way I have described. It is not just general slowness or something like that, so I don't know if you are looking into this problem exactly :slight_smile:

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey again @todor,

Thanks for additional information, it will definitely help our developer in debugging this one.

I was testing that in thread from another member and while he didn't have fatal errors since max execution time was set to 300 he experienced very similar issues where everything was working properly until you access one of coursepress pages, example enrolling a course and going to units then everything starts to load very slow. I believe this is related to the same performance issues.

As for the error the reason for that is because you set the number of seconds a script is allowed to run with that value which is defined in php.ini. If this is reached, the script returns a fatal error.

Best regards,
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.