Very very difficult to edit and make changes to appointments +

I am using appointments + and it is super hard to configure and make changes - not to mention there are so many grammar mistakes in the default language of the emails etc

Here is a list of the problems I am having - please help me resolve them step by step

1.Remove my appointments from service provider profile when users look at the profile but want it when service provider views his own profile he can see his appointments

2. Change the text entitled: “Please select a service”: to whatever language I want

3. Change “OUR SCHEDULE FOR JUNE 2015” to whatever I want
Change “Click a free day to apply for an appointment” - To whatever text I want

4. Fix field names in confirmation emails so user knows if it is skype, hangout etc and more importantly so service provider gets user skype name or telephone or hangout in the confirmation email

5. Redirect user to home page or other page after he/she makes an appointment

6. Change font size, fonts and colors on all appointments plus pages

7. Send email to user after appointment is over with link to take a survey or with questions built into the email

8. On accounts page (may be protected content/Membership issue and not appointments plus) change “your membership” to my membership

9. Delete activities from account page

10. Special plugin by jude rosario for buddypress and appointments plus has a bug or error - please go to appointments, setting buddypress tab and you will see the problem as clear as day

Please help me fix these and please do not direct me to faq or have complex php etc
simple, step by step solutions - thanks

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @michael,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

There are quite a few questions in that list so let me try get them one by and hopefully we will find solutions for each one.

Just a note, when you have multiple questions that are not related or are more complex please ask them in different threads, it will be easier to keep track of everything for both you and our staff members :slight_smile:

1.Remove my appointments from service provider profile when users look at the profile but want it when service provider views his own profile he can see his appointments

Currently there is no option to hide appointments details out of the box, you could use Membership 2 plugin to hide table with shortcode.
    Other thing you could try is using this A+ shortcode:
    [app_my_appointments provider="2" provider_id="0"]
    Just change the Provider value with correct ID of the provider and now table will be populated depending on which account you are using to view the page.

2. Change the text entitled: “Please select a service”: to whatever language I want

You can use shortcode like this to change text of service selector:
    [app_services select="Please select a service:"]
    Please go to Appointments+ > Shortcodes panel in your admin section to see list of all available shortcodes.

3. Change “OUR SCHEDULE FOR JUNE 2015” to whatever I want
    Change “Click a free day to apply for an appointment” - To whatever text I want

Are you using [app_schedule] shortcode?
    If yes, you can check shortcodes panel as mentioned above to see how to change text, for example you can use it like this:
    [app_schedule title="Our schedule from START to END" logged="Click on a free time slot to apply for an appointment."]

4. Fix field names in confirmation emails so user knows if it is skype, hangout etc and more importantly so service provider gets user skype name or telephone or hangout in the confirmation email

I see this is being taken care of in another thread of yours so can you please check answer from my colleague Bojan here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/add-new-field-in-appointments
    Also, try not to open multiple threads with the same question, it will only consume our staff time and increase response times.

5. Redirect user to home page or other page after he/she makes an appointment

I'm aware that you don't wan't PHP solutions but this is currently only way to accomplish this, as stated on FAQ page.
    What you need to do is modify functions.php of your active theme and paste this code in there replacing the example.com with desired redirect page:

function app_redirect( $script ){
        return str_replace("window.location.href=app_location()", "window.location.href='http://example.com'", $script);
    }
    add_filter( 'app_footer_scripts', 'app_redirect' );

Other way to go would be to download the file attached below, unzip it, edit the .php file to change example.com to your redirect page and then upload it to wp-content/mu-plugins/ folder on your server.
    If you don't have mu-plugins on your server simply create one.

6. Change font size, fonts and colors on all appointments plus pages

Could you please give some more info about this request, for example, which exactly fonts you want to change (dates, titles, description), provide links for pages with example, which fonts are you looking to use, if the fonts are not included in the plugin or the theme do you need assistance implementing them, etc.
    This one would fit it new thread nicely :wink:

7. Send email to user after appointment is over with link to take a survey or with questions built into the email

Unfortunately such option is not available within the plugin, you could open new thread in Features & Feedback section so we can see how popular this request would be and consider adding it in future updates.
    Also, if you need to customize this then you can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/
    Please note that, no WPMU official staff members are allowed to work in the job board.

8. On accounts page (may be protected content/Membership issue and not appointments plus) change “your membership” to my membership

This is related to Membership 2 if I'm correct.
    Go to Membership 2 > Settings and under account page click on edit page link to edit account page and replace [ms-membership-account-link label="your Account"] with [ms-membership-account-link label="My Account"]

9. Delete activities from account page

In the above shortcode add this part show_activity="no" so it looks like this:
    [ms-membership-account-link label="My Account" show_activity="no"]
    More info about M2 shortcodes can be found under Membership 2 > Help > Shortcodes tab

10. Special plugin by jude rosario for buddypress and appointments plus has a bug or error - please go to appointments, setting buddypress tab and you will see the problem as clear as day

Could you please provide us with some more info about this, which plugin is this about, is it in some other thread of yours where I can have a look and understand it better?

Phew, I believe I covered everything there, if I missed anything please let me know :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• michael

#1 is very important so lets start there - you wrote:Currently there is no option to hide appointments details out of the box, you could use Membership 2 plugin to hide table with shortcode.
    Other thing you could try is using this A+ shortcode:
    [app_my_appointments provider="2" provider_id="0"]

I am using membership 2 - protect content - please and I do mean PLEASE don't just tell me show me
    1. how to do it step by step with protect content membership 2 or if it is easier how to do it step by step with the short code

Please note - you wrote use shortcodes a zillion times for the other solutions - PLEASE show me how - where do I put the short codes, which page etc etc etc

PLease - I need everything step by step slowly and written clearly. thank you

• michael

for #7 I found this code in the wpmu forum
    add_action('app_remove_expired','your_function',10,2);
    function your_function($appointment,$new_status){
    if($new_status=='completed'){
    $title = "Appointment Completed";
    $message = "The message goes here";
    wp_mail( $appointment->email, wp_specialchars_decode( $title ), $message );
    }
    }

Please tell me if it works , what i need to add to it so it is customized for my site and where do I put it on my site. Please tell me step by step
    thanks

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @michael,

Sorry I wasn't clear about the shortcodes before, let's try make this work :slight_smile:

When you said you are trying to hide appointments from service provider page I assumed that you have bio page with this shortcode (or similar) added [app_my_appointments] which then shows appointments on front end, am I correct?

You can now replace that shortcode with this one [app_my_appointments provider="2" provider_id="0"] which should show only appointments if you are logged in as provider.

Or the other way that I suggested is to use it in combination with Membership 2.
    So let's say your service providers have certain membership, you can go to Membership 2 > Memberships and see the shortcode you want and the ID of that specific membership, see screenshot attached.
    Now we are going to use that shortcode on your service provider page to hide the table like this:
    [ms-protect-content id="3751" silent="yes"][app_my_appointments][/ms-protect-content]
    You can use that shortcode just change the ID which is 3751 in my case.

Most of the other shortcodes I mentioned in my previous comment are used in your Make an Appointment page which you should be able to find in your pages panel and then edit/remove/add shortcodes you want to show on that page.

Hope this clears things up a bit.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Sorry I missed your other post regarding #7 while I was writing mine.

You can use the file I have attached in my first comment, after the code already there just hit enter few times to get in new row and then paste the code you mentioned, and then simply change "Appointment Completed" part to change the title of the mail, leave the quotation marks, and do the same thing with "The message goes here" part which will be your mail content.

If you are not sure that the code is correct after placing it, you can zip/archive that file and attach it here so we can check if all looks good.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Sure thing, here is the entire code that you can copy/paste:

return str_replace("window.location.href=app_location()", "window.location.href='http://example.com'", $script);
    }

$title = "Appointment Completed";
    		$message = "The message goes here";
    	}
    }

Or you can use attached file just as before and place it in mu-plugins folder.
    If you are using this file then you don't need the redirect.php as it's all included in this new file.

Note that in both cases you will need to make changes to have your own email title and content as mentioned in previous comment.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Michael,

I must say I'm little confused myself now :slight_smile:

You previously asked for me to combine those two codes, which I did, they are both in the same file now attached in my previous comment.
    If you open that file you will see code from my first comment regarding the redirect, and the code for email which I posted earlier.

They are both combined in same file now called redirect-and-email.php and that is the file you need to use, there is no need to use redirect.php anymore.

Below is the screenshot of the code from that file and which parts you need to change.

Hope this clears things up :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• michael

Can You please do this for me and please add the php to the child them??

For the redirect after a user makes an appointment with a service provider - I want them to go to this page: Thank you for making an appointment with a mentor

For the email message after the appointment is complete - I want the
    Title: How was your meeting with the Caregiver Mentor?
    Message - How was your meeting with the Caregiver Mentor? Don't forget to go to the Mentor's profile and rate the mentor and if you want please click here to fill out a survey about your mentoring experience
    Thank you
    Michael Neuvirth
    Founder
    Caregiver Mentors

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Michael,

Adding code to functions.php using the WordPress editor is not safe and it could mess up your site so it's always best to add the code by downloading the file via FTP and uploading it back after the change.

Since you provided me with all the details of how you want it to look I have made the required changes and all you need to do is paste this in your functions.php file:

return str_replace("window.location.href=app_location()", "window.location.href='http://caregivermentors.com/thank-you-for-making-an-appointment-with-a-mentor/'", $script);
    }

$title = "How was your meeting with the Caregiver Mentor?";
    		$message = "How was your meeting with the Caregiver Mentor? Don't forget to go to the Mentor's profile and rate the mentor and if you want please <a href=\"http://caregivermentors.com/how-was-your-experience-with-a-caregiver-mentor/\">click here</a> to fill out a survey about your mentoring experience";
    	}
    }

Or if you want, you can download functions.php file, zip it and attach it here, I will make the change and attach you the modified file.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• michael

if you did something it is not working - I received this via email
    A new appointment has been made on Caregiver Mentors. Below please find a copy of what has been sent to your client: Dear Caregiver, We are pleased to confirm your appointment for Caregiver Mentors. Here are the appointment details: Requested service: Mentoring Date and time: August 1, 2015 12:15 am FIELD_MYSKYPENAMEGOOGLEPROFILEORTELEISEXSKYPE-SKYPENAME Our staff will assist you for this service. Kind regards, Caregiver Mentors

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi @michael,

I go to my dashboard in caregivermentors.com
    appearance - choose editor
    select my child theme under which theme to edit
    go to functions php and copy and paste your text

This is one way to do it but as I mentioned two comments above (https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/very-very-difficult-to-edit-and-make-changes-to-appointments#post-907717) using WordPress editor to change function.php file is not safe and could brake your site, you would need to access it via FTP to get it back on if anything goes wrong, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Do you have FTP or cPanel access to your installation files?
    This would be the safest way to make the change, and the functions.php should be located in /wp-content/themes/child_theme/ root folder.

if you did something it is not working - I received this via email
    A new appointment has been made on Caregiver Mentors. Below please find a copy of what has been sent to your client: Dear Caregiver, We are pleased to confirm your appointment for Caregiver Mentors. Here are the appointment details: Requested service: Mentoring Date and time: August 1, 2015 12:15 am FIELD_MYSKYPENAMEGOOGLEPROFILEORTELEISEXSKYPE-SKYPENAME Our staff will assist you for this service. Kind regards, Caregiver Mentors

I didn't do any testings on your site, maybe this is related to another thread of yours?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Michael,

I would be happy to make the change for you, that's why I mentioned above that you could attach the file in question in your response and I would send you back modified file.
    Since this was a simple change I thought it would easier that way then sending me all your login details.

If you want me to make the change I would need FTP or cPanel access.

You can send us your details using our contact form and the template below:

IMPORTANT: Make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic so it doesn't go back to forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.