Video android app not working

Hi there

Video posting in -WP for Android- is not working. The <source> tag is being stripped off from the <video> tag published in the post content. Could you instruct me in how to fix this?

Regards

• Nithin

Hi Ricardo,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Video posting in -WP for Android- is not working. The <source> tag is being stripped off from the <video> tag published in the post content. Could you instruct me in how to fix this?

I tested this in my Android App, and it seems to work fine. Does it show fine in the mobile app when you publish it? Are you noticing this issue only when you open the post in your browser?

Could you please enable support access to your WordPress website, so that we could check these post, and see what could have gone wrong here.

You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, and also mention the posts where the source tag gets stripped, so that we could have a better idea regarding this. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi Ricardo,

I also uploaded a video post ”video testing” using your wp-android-app and the video tag inserted in the post is not working.

Maybe there is a misunderstanding, could you please explain what exact app you are using here, I tested using the WordPress app in the previous reply. You meant you are using Edublogs app? or some other app? Please advise what I'm missing here.

I checked the "video testing" post what you have mentioned, and the html tags used aren't correct in that post, hence the video wasn't showing.
    <video controls="controls" width="720" height="480"><a href="http://yourWebsiteURL/xx/VID_20170317_233335.mp4">Click to view video</a>.</video>

Are you manually typing these HTML? The above one isn't correct, it should be as follows:

<video width="720" height="480" controls>
      <source src="yourWebsiteURL/wp-content/uploads/uploads/2017/03/VID_20170317_233335.mp4" type="video/mp4">
    </video>

Could you please send me a screenshot of how you are adding the video, so that we could have a better idea regarding this.

I have created a new post with the correct HTML tags, by adding the video through your sites Media Library, and now the video shows fine. However, I added it via my laptop, it's just to show you the correct way.

Please advise what I'm missing here, and we'll make sure to get back to you asap. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.