Video hidden when protection is on

At the bottom of the home page, I have a video slider. When I have Protection On (see attached screenshot Protection), the slider will not play for logged out users and displays a static image( see attached screenshot Static). Alos, when I disable the Membership 2 plugin, the slider works fine. When I turn off protection for the site, the slider works fine. I have all the settings currently set to Everyone so I am not restricting access at all as far as I can tell. I have tested the behavior on multiple computers and browsers. I have granted support access to the site as well.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi dave,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Is that slider part of the plugin? Could you please try switching to a default WordPress theme, and check whether the slider has the same issues?

If you still have issues, to troubleshoot it further, I would like to check, your website, and it’s configuration, please enable support access, so that we could give a closer look. You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable support access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• dave
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Nithin – The slider is part of the Divi theme that we use for all of our development.

Yes, I did already grant support access when I made the original support request so feel free to take a look. It seems like the Protection settings are somehow disabling the video type, since disabling the Membership 2 plugin or turning off Protection in the settings fixes the issue. But I want to use Membership 2 and protect the content, so I’m hoping there is a fix. Thanks!

Dave

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi dave,

Thanks for granting Support Access. I could see the issue in action in your site homepage. But I could not regenerate this on my test site. Even I tried video slider on my test site, no breaking. Video slider plays the video fine and slides the videos without any issue when Membership 2 Pro is installed and activated and user is logged out.

Then I checked on your site again, and created a Test Page, added a video slider on that page and tried to regenerate. But surprisingly, video slider is working absolutely fine on that test page even when Membership 2 Pro is activated and user is logged out. You can check this here: http://wl*******rp.com/test-page/

So this is not a conflict between Divi Video Slider and Membership 2 Pro, rather it’s specific to that homepage video slider. If M2 was the reason, the video slider wouldn’t work on any page.

Can you please delete the current video slider at the bottom of your homepage and try to create one from scratch? I believe, there is some mis-configuration or something else specifically on that slider at the bottom of your homepage. So creating a new one should work.

Please let us know if you face the exact same issue after creating a new slider from scratch. We will be glad to investigate further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

• dave
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks for all the work. I tried deleting and rebuilding the slider on the front page but it still wouldn’t work as long as M2 protection was on. Very odd conflict. So I just deleted that and built the second slider in Rev Slider instead of Divi’s slider module and seems to work fine. Thanks for the help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.